Rally Colorado and GoPros... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally Colorado and GoPros...

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akneipp View Post
    You also just compared a Ford to a Ferrari.

When I was looking at options, the minimum for a 2 camera setup for the ChaseCam was $1500. We've got 3 of the GoPros and, while not the greatest camera in the world, would have only cost us about $500.

When ChaseCam gives us an entire 2 camera system for free, we'll gladly switch. Until then, I'll keep pressing the record button at the start line and press it once again at the finish line.

Regardless, Kevin, if you can pick up 3-4 of the 10mbps cards, I'll have money waiting for you on Friday.

They come in pairs. So it is either 2 or 4 unless someone else wants one...
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I've heard this same info from others, Kenny Bartram was using some as well and said,
    "My main complaints with them is that they seem to stop recording randomly at times (at least on my car) and that the sound quality is absolute piss."

AND, I'm likely going to go back to the below setup which was the best I ever used from 05 in the GT car.
    "I'm going back to an old Sony MiniDV and Supercircuits lipstick cam like I used on the Audi in 2005(WRX in 05..)"

I'm looking at the GoPro for those fun shots and stuff that's a pain to get w/ other stuff.

I have a Chase cam system currently, two camera w mixer.... and it's been a pain and I've never gotten good footage from it, it always has lines and stuff in it. AND my laptop is such a sad sucker it makes managing a lot of big files a big pain.

See ya'll soon,
    MJ
    Matthew Johnson
    #46 in whatever I have the keys to..

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Johnson CarolinaRS View Post
    I have a Chase cam system currently, two camera w mixer.... and it's been a pain and I've never gotten good footage from it, it always has lines and stuff in it.
    Interesting. I wonder if its the mixer box that's screwing it up? I was thinking of buying one, but maybe I'll just look at getting a second camera setup. I've never had any issues with my single chasecam setup, though you do get some vertical bright lines when you're running into the sun at sunrise or sunset.

Not much you can do on the file size thing, but if you want something that looks good on a TV, the files are going to be big. Chasecam is 1gb/15 minutes of recording time on high resolution. I typically burn events onto a disc once I've got enough to fill a DVD. PPIHC took 2 of em!

Dave

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG5Hahn View Post
    They come in pairs. So it is either 2 or 4 unless someone else wants one...
    4 it is then!

eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akneipp View Post
    4 it is then!
    With tax they came out to be ~$16.25 each or $65.00 total (sorry that I forgot about the sales tax).
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."