Special Stage Forums banner

Novice questions for RFKaC..

19K views 81 replies 20 participants last post by  granthughes 
#1 ·
The first and second of many noob questions most likely...

Does anyone know if it is mandatory for Novice Co-Drivers to attend the Novice Licensing School on Friday afternoon? I will be attending, but my Co-Driver won't be back in town until Friday night.

Also, does anyone know if a Temp Tag and Insurance is good enough for the rally, or do I need the real license plate?

Thanks guys

#37 ·
Hey Kevin, One thing I'd hope to still get with the CRC limited entry is the awards banquet. It'd feel a little second class to sit in the hotel bar or parking lot during the awards ceremony. All the rest I'm fine without though.

Also, I noticed they say a discount for cash payment once but to reference the supps for info and mailing address to send payment. I'm going to shoot a quick note of to Christina maybe and find out that info.

#38 ·
The plan for the awards is a little bit different then in years past.

Everybody will be able to get to the awards, although, I believe the intent was in the discounted entry to forgo the meal at the awards. The plan, as I understood it (may have changed), was to do awards and then have the food. Teams wishing to forgo the cost of the food, and or get on the road earlier, will not have to wait this way, we should also have a larger, perhaps more captive, audience for the awards ceremony this way as well. One other consideration was to allow teams to option into having the meal at the awards banquet for the increased cost, although, I don't know how the logistics of that decision would work out so that may or may not be an option that will be presented.

A lot of things were waiting to be finalized when we met in June, but this was the basic idea at the time.

#39 ·
Or they could just make the punch card be what gets you food instead of what gets you into the room. I'm fine without the taco bar or whatever it happens to be, but I don't want to have to go somewhere else. Sure I could just pay the extra $70, but as it is, after paying my fees I'm already negative in my bank account, so I have to save everywhere I can. Thankfully Mark just bought peanut butter so I don't have to eat sandwhiches that are just bread. :)

#41 ·
wow. the RC website is hard to find any info on. how do you get a login name and password?

how come the Colorado Rally Cup is not mentioned in the event directors intro?

what the hell is the entry fee?

why can't rallies be easy to enter?

what's the policy for entries fees for the 2nd regional if you dnf the first one?

anyone?

#42 ·
wow. the RC website is hard to find any info on. how do you get a login name and password?

how come the Colorado Rally Cup is not mentioned in the event directors intro?

what the hell is the entry fee?

why can't rallies be easy to enter?

what's the policy for entries fees for the 2nd regional if you dnf the first one?
I don't think you do. I don't think they have any info on the site and the login is just for the organizers.

Because he wrote it June 2nd and probably didn't think of it.

To 5pm on 9/5:
National: $1032, Dual: 1237
Both Regionals: 773, CRC Reduced Dual Regionals: $696

After that it jumps about $100 for regional, about $200-250 for national.

Stage Notes: $165 early, $250 late. Extra set is $25.
Oversized Service Vehicle: $100
Recce: $25

It's pretty easy if you know your Rally America ID and login. If you don't, it's time to call Bob Nielson at Rally America and get your license set up or renewed and get your login info for the Rally-America site. If it were too easy, then we'd have way too many people doing it.

If you aren't entering the national event, then each is a stand alone, your car just has to basically be reteched and deemed safe to restart if you wrecked.

#45 ·
The supps are posted and the details of the CRC entry are official.

You receive three credentials, two shirts, two door headers, 1 service site, 3 friday receptions, 0 saturday lunches, 3 saturday party, 0 sunday lunches, 3 sunday awards.
You can also buy a credential with no shirt and lunches, but everything else, for $20.00

That means Rally Colorado hooked you guys the hell up!

#47 ·
No stage schedule yet. I'll have to remember to bring my skateboard.

The Saturday evening schedule confuses me a bit.

A Car Display of all competition vehicles will be held from 6:00PM-8:30PM on Saturday, September 13th on Sixth Street between Lincoln Avenue (Colorado State Highway 40) and Oak Street in Downtown Steamboat Springs. PROMPT ATTENDANCE BY ALL COMPETITORS IN DRIVER SUITS IS MANDATORY. The Parc Expose will be open to competitors at 5:45PM. All arrival times will be recorded and fines and penalties will be assessed for failure to arrive on time or to appear at the rate of one (1) minute penalty for each minute of late arrival.

Luckily we get this:
1.7.2. All competitors will be allowed at least 20 minutes from their actual arrival time at the final MTC-IN.

Since first car in is scheduled for 5:30. :)

But I'm wondering how we get to go to this. Or maybe the address is wrong online. It lists it as 600 S Lincoln, which is 12 blocks from the car display, but if it's 600 Lincoln, it's right on the corner, though I don't remember seeing it any of the years.
6:00PM-8:00PM Miller Lite “BEST OF RALLY COLORADO”
Video Show and Rally Car Display
Old Town Pub, Downtown Steamboat

It is really cool though that the Saturday car display is downtown again. The parking garage and bottom of the hill were cool, but there's way more outside people downtown, especially on a Saturday night.
I wish the stage schedule was in the supps.

#50 ·
I imagine not at the Hayden service area, but possibly at the Howelson Hill one. You'd not want to wake up at Hayden, drive the car back to Steamboat to start, then back out to Hayden, then back to Steamboat, then back to Hayden to sleep. Now I'm confused.

#52 ·
It's a go team Venture on the motorhome. I plan on going up on Wednesday. Kevin let me know what you found out from the orginizers.

Also if anyone has a spare car or room in one that we can use during recce that would be great. Look kind of silly doing recce in the motorhome.

#53 · (Edited)
I don't think you could do the recce in a motorhome if you wanted to....

I am waiting to hear back from the logistics guy (I'll re-email tonight if needed).

Still waiting to see Brown, Kern, Whitman, Short, McLaughlin, Conley, and Conley on the entry list!

Doesn't look like we will be getting the Rally 101 course put together before the rally. I have some of the materials together on my computer and can e-mail them to anyone that wants to get a little pre-studying in before their New Competitor Orientation meeting.

#54 ·
If I don't get paid soon, we may see a removal from the entry list. Anyone else have a two page list of things to do before next week? Many items which need to be bought. One big lesson learned, don't loan stuff out that you don't want to buy again. Triangles, first aid kit, fire extinguishers and my spill kit are all items I own, just don't know where they ever went as they bounced around between cars for the last four years. Hopefully Mitch doesn't sell out of Hans Sport medium sized devices before I get paid. That's probably the biggest threat at this point actually.

I had considered camping in the service area, but Scott M stepped up and offered to help with our hotel room when I asked him how he felt about camping.

#55 ·
come on Grant. you can round up all that kit.

have you asked around about borrowing somebodies HANS? there's certainly a few folks that have them (and have tested their's) that won't be running.
you're resourceful, get cracking. you'll regret it if you don't pull this off and run.

good luck.

#56 ·
I'm still trying to order a restrictor...I refuse to pull my turbo off to get one made though.

Somebody get Devo Tuning to call me back?!? I spoke with a guy there on his way up to Ojib, and they've already made one for the same turbo (FP white), and said they could get another one cut/milled for me in a day...but I can't seem to get anyone to return my calls now.

Dave

#61 ·
TP, KB, ACP, MJ, KS not yet on RFKaC entry list?

Okay, Travis has enough of a championship points lead that barring a DNF at LSPR it seems likely that he'll probably take the RA championship, but why would he (and SRT-USA) take the chance ... wouldn't he want to try and tie up the RA championship early?

And KB, MJ and Sarasin are close enough in points that there is still all to play for ...

And I don't see ACP (or L'Estage) on the entry list either, but I suspect it's because it's so far to tow from Canada, plus I'm sure the resulting carnage at X-Games means it'll take some extra cash and time before the car is ready again ...

#62 · (Edited)
Okay, Travis has enough of a championship points lead that barring a DNF at LSPR it seems likely that he'll probably take the RA championship, but why would he (and SRT-USA) take the chance ... wouldn't he want to try and tie up the RA championship early?

And KB, MJ and Sarasin are close enough in points that there is still all to play for ...

And I don't see ACP (or L'Estage) on the entry list either, but I suspect it's because it's so far to tow from Canada, plus I'm sure the resulting carnage at X-Games means it'll take some extra cash and time before the car is ready again ...

Sarasin is on. I think ACP is done in the US for this year ??? MJ is probably out for the year unless they find a cheap car/money. TP and KB should be on the list as soon as people get back from NZ.

We are already to 13-14 Colorado Rally Cup competitors though!

#63 ·
Thanks Bud! And thanks Scott for the offer and suggestions via PM. This scene is awesome! Hopefully Mitch still has a Hans Sport. I just got notified that my pay should go into my account tomorrow finally so I should be fine. Which is good because my available balance right now is eleven cents. :)

#68 ·
Mitch,

Any competitor that has entered at least one CRC event, or be based in Colorado, can be scored for CRC points as long as they run the visual package. You have run two events, similarly Allissa and Brittney can also be scored if they decide to run the stickers.

If Dave decides to not run RFKaC then that throws the AWD standings, and overall rally cup points wide open.

Leonard and Brown are the current favorites for the overall Colorado Rally Cup, however, Steve is just a bit over 20 points back. Should Scott or Jeremy have any issues then Steve fits into the mix.

Second, third, and fourth will be wide open in Rally AWD as well. Right now it would probably end up Whitman, Register, Schmidt, but if any of them falter you and Short have a chance to figure into the top.

Group 5 also has some interesting positions to sort out for second-fourth. 15 points between Grant and Jim with Mike in the middle....

#65 ·
Yeah. The Cup Entry is just a discounted regional entry where you get a few less things. One less shirt and no lunches on either day.
Any competitor who's a current Cup competitor will get points for Cog, regardless of what type of entry you are.

#66 ·
I think we're going to pack it in for the season after GC II. I'm just not feeling the expense to run the event is justifiable for us, when our efforts are really focusing around PPIHC (i.e. with the money we save by not doing RFKaC, we can attend a practice day on the Peak, a few test'n'tunes & PMI, CORE, etc.) The CRC discount entry fee at the event is awesome, but it but its all the other "stuff" that's just adding up very quickly (RA membership fees for 1 event for 2 people, rally odometer, need rally legal exhaust, need new HID units, need restrictor, need tune, need logbook, hotel, more fuel jugs, etc.). Weighing equally heavy on my mind is the fact that if we incur any serious damage at the event, or our 2009 hillclimb season would be in jeapordy.

Have fun guys!

Dave

#77 ·
Dave- Mark Cox needs another service person as Gordon is the only one he has at the moment as it appears I am driving zero now.
I am making up service lists for him, but he (G-dawg) is rather inexperienced (this will be his first rally in any capacity)

C'mon up- you & Allison can stay with us on the mountain if you like.

#78 ·
Don't know if you guys saw this or not...

http://rallycolorado.org/index.php?...hayden-service-map&catid=14:service&Itemid=29

There had been a lot of talk about trying to community service since service people would be limited for RFKaC. I talked with the logistics guy about seeing if the CRC could be slated to service in a big block group. Might need to do a little bit of re-shuffling for a couple of interests but it looks like it should be pretty wicked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.