Special Stage Forums banner

Rally New York anyone?

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  webkris 
#1 ·
With our successful weekend at Gorman, we are making plans for the big USRC finale in New York!

We need to get the car out there and back + spares.
We would love to team up with a crew from the CRS to share costs.
We are from back East and have lots of friends and family that will be there to support us.

We've heard from some of you that are contemplating the trip - but I'd like to solidify plans ASAP.
International Rally New York will be October 31st - November 1st 2008.
http://www.rallynewyork.com

Who's going?
Please post if you're even thinking about going - maybe we can figure it out!
- Kris

#2 ·
You know you want to...

Update:

The Knight Rally Team is seriously looking into this. They would need another car on their trailer to make the trip worth while.

Think about it kids - There is no Laughlin this year.
The final showdown for the USRC will be International Rally New York!
The East Coast had three teams out here last year. No reason we can't get 4 or 5 teams from the West Coast to show them that we are the toughest drivers & co-drivers out there.

Race on fantastic roads with teams from all over the country.
I have contacts out there for volunteer crew - some of you know I started the New England Subaru Impreza Club - we can make it happen!

Put International Rally New York on your rally resume.
Fly out, recce, rally, and return!

If that has pumped you up - and you are at all interested.
Drop an email to:

This message was sponsored by Rally Excitement™ and caffeine.
"Rally Excitement™ - getting you through that crappy job of yours since 1998."®

- Kris

#6 ·
Kris,

If I can help let me know. Like a safe place to leave the car or if I'm not in Costa Rica I could service. I think the venue is some 4 hours + from the Marlborough/Upton area. I could offer to sweep but that might jinx ya!!!

#7 · (Edited)
On the line...

It looks like the Knight team is out. So we're back to our backup plans.
* We're looking to team up with another crew to make this happen, but our problem is we can't do any of the driving ourselves. I totally want to just jam out there over the long weekend - but we have a wedding in NJ and I have taken enough un-paid time off to make my final 2008 rally budget weep.

Plans / Ideas:
1. Ship the car with a reputable shipping company. I have one lined up.
Cost - $2800 to $3000 round trip :eek: (gas ain't $2 gal anymore).
CONS: Could be delayed, can't ship with spares or tools. Need to rent trailer / truck in New York adding $250+ to the cost. No hurry to get the car back - we may drive it back after Christmas cutting the cost down to $1400 to $1600
PROS: We can run Rally New York!

2. Pay a friend to drive Blazer + Dolly + Neon & tools and spares.
Cost - $2300 to $2400 round trip (gas + $80 night hotels + $200 incidentals)
CONS: Time off from work. Finding a reliable / available friend to do it. One way maybe 2 days off from work if you go on the holiday weekend. Both ways will be 6+ work days off.
PROS: Car and everything is in NY. No UPS shipping tires & spares. Our own service vehicle. Rally NY!

3. Team up with another crew already going / wants to go.
Cost - $2500? (each) round trip (depending on tow vehicle, trailer, etc)
CONS: Finding a team that can go from 1 car to 2 cars out there.
PROS: Save a little money by teaming up. Will be able to ship tools and spares. We offer volunteer crew in New York. Compete at Rally New York with a West Coast team!

There are other sub options as well, such as: Paying a friend to get it out there, and we'll drive it all back in December. Having my brother in Maine drive it back and fly him home after a weekend in SoCal. Having a SoCal buddy drive it out and pay to fly him back after a bitch'n weekend in NYC. This are ideas all on the table - but not even close to firm.

So - We need help!
Team up?
Got a couple of friends who want to caravan your rig and mine out to NY?
Got space for another car on the trailer? Got a 2 car trailer we can borrow / rent?
Let's get this together!

Email -

Post!

- Kris

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.