Rally formally known as COG 2008 Smack talk - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rally formally known as COG 2008 Smack talk

stay less flat...

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    I'll put plenty of time on your junkyard/yardsale special on Breeze Basin, Wolf Mountain, and Sage Creek to where I just have to keep MC and Elkhead clean to maintain my lead.

And I have new tires for the rears for the event and run real rally tires instead of that Korean crap that seems so popular these days.

That is if I come up with all the money to enter. And bring my testicles
    2 fresh tires for a weekend of rallying? I'm surprised you have any...

I hope you make it out, Grant. need to borrow a sleeping bag?

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Sweat and anger and shame. MarkMalsom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
    2 fresh tires for a weekend of rallying? I'm surprised you have any...
    better than what dave has.
    -Mark Malsom

Rickshaw goin the wrong way... ziggy682's Avatar

I'm winning Group 2 by default of everyone else DNFing because they don't spend enough time working on their own cars and because all the rest of those pathetic G2 cars aren't Subarus.
    I have to agree with Grant though on overall 2WD. He's definitely got it won. I'll be within a few minutes though for sure.
    Mike Kilpatrick

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Got a new sponsor today. Some new cool parts on the way to make the car handle even better and be more reliable.

Got a new sponsor today. Some new cool parts on the way to make the car handle even better and be more reliable.
    so who is it...beer sponsor? (i.e. makes the car 'feel' like its better?) Someone once told me that keeping a sponsor secret is counter productive.

Dave

Haha. True. I did say that, though I never found out who the secret sponsor was.
    http://www.mc2racing.com

I've already got some of their stuff in the car, but now I'll have full bushings everywhere from them, their cool aluminum poly bushed rear diff mount, and the manual clutch adjuster. The clutch adjuster replaces the plastic stock one that is supposed to automatically adjust and is made out of 1984 plastic, but is one of my theories as to why my clutch won't fully disengage right now.

They also have started selling some WRX stuff too.

Also have a local guy who's selling all the stuff from his car to swap in a supercharged V6 and has a few bolt on parts and upgrades that could put me into the 300+ hp range. Considering it, but I don't know that I want the Steve and Brian/Schmidt effect where everytime I drive the car it's substantially different and I never learn how to drive it effectively fast. (nice, even worked in some smack talk)
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

Haha. True. I did say that, though I never found out who the secret sponsor was.
    It really wasn't much of a secret...it was Forced Performance, the guys who made the turbo I was running for PPIHC. It was only a secret b/c the southern guys wouldn't say what they were doing for a PPIHC motor in the GC8.

Congrats on getting in with a parts manufacturer! That means fun runs for all in your car now, right? (nice, even worked in a owww burn!)

Dave

Rickshaw goin the wrong way... ziggy682's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy682 View Post
    I'm winning Group 2 by default of everyone else DNFing because they don't spend enough time working on their own cars and because all the rest of those pathetic G2 cars aren't Subarus.
    I have to agree with Grant though on overall 2WD. He's definitely got it won. I'll be within a few minutes though for sure.
    I've got to remember to log off when Grant comes over.
    Mike Kilpatrick