Special Stage Forums banner

Rally formally known as COG 2008 Smack talk

15K views 57 replies 15 participants last post by  ziggy682 
#1 ·
Nothing nice here.

Actually there may be a good list.

Scott Leonard: Will win it with the greatest of ease but will probably DNF on the last stage because his arm will fall off or he'll be a victom of Animal Strikes.

Grant Huges: Will finish the race but with hardly any body pannels left on the car.

Ryan Mclaughlin: Will have a strange off in the exact same place I did.

Dave Kern: Will be protested out of the race

Jimmy Keeney: So will Jimmy

John Con: Will have this random Incredible Hulk fit of rage and finish top 5 over all

Don Con: Will be chilling an dnf over a bum throttle body

Jeremy Brown: Will experience time penalties after an awesome race like we did in idaho

Brian Short: Won't have a navigator

Tommy Kil: Bust an axle again

Mike Kil: Will do just fine

Andrew Morton: Will somehow get lost and race full rally speed all the way to Wyoming before he realizes what went wrong.

Tom Wright: Won't pass exemption

Mike Rose: Will be Mike Rose

Me: I'll end up dismembering a few toes before the race in a freak firework accident

Alissa: Alissa will DNS because she's helping me with my toes.

Bis: Will finish strong but his Franken-Motor will explode in a glorious fasion over the final stage finsih control. He won't be able to make it back to Parc-Expose and will be technically disqualified.

Mark: Mark will never find the funding to compete.

See less See more
#5 ·
Grant Hughes: Will finish the race but with hardly any body panels left on the car.
That would be a dream come true honestly.

I don't think you'll lose any toes before the event, but I do think you and AJ will set a new record for the most number of minutes time penalty for a Colorado driver, surpassing your old record set a few weeks ago.

Alissa will be pissed the whole event because the ******* in sweep kept bumping her from behind on stage.

Sterling will pass out at the end of each day due to the exhaustion of running around the service park once Scott's pulled out, trying to see if he can help anyone else out. Thankfully he's there though because the only other service guys are the Conley's crew, Keeney's crew, Ty, and Troy, all of whom keep disappearing into the horse arena with some large group of mountain girls that came to get Pastrana's autograph leaving the service park nearly empty. Mark chooses to withdraw from the event at the first service so he can join in on the service crew fun. I consider it, but thanks to my super codriver doing all the service on the car, I'm able to sneak into the horse arena for most of every single service, though I do nearly pass out on the way to the final leg on Saturday due to drinking too much on Friday and not eating anything at the service stops since I was too busy. We had to stop at the gas station and grab me a corn dog.

#8 ·
I don't think you'll lose any toes before the event, but I do think you and AJ will set a new record for the most number of minutes time penalty for a Colorado driver, surpassing your old record set a few weeks ago.

I'm thinking AJ won't make that mistake again... It was sad when he realized the mistake. he was really disappointed and sorry.

Mitch did a great job of maintaining his composure when receiving the news...

#14 ·
Your engine's has had a bent rod since what, May or so. There's always like 17 Hondas at the junkyard.

Mitch is going to kung fu kick one of the other competitors in the face at the Parc Expose in a whiskey fueled rage, partly because they were being jerks about running the Checkpoint stickers that were required since he was an event sponsor but mostly because we all told him he should.

#20 ·
I understand how you did it and sorry for already teasing you about it. I got Erik and I lost on transit in Oregon and we went like five miles or so before I realized it. I think we were three minutes late to ATC due to that little error.

Another rumor I heard is that AJ was going to be showing up in his new FIA approved nomex cowboy racing boots. :)

#21 ·
Another rumor I heard is that AJ was going to be showing up in his new FIA approved nomex cowboy racing boots. :)
(cough cough) those time cards NASA use are what the FIA uses, as well as everyone else in the world... maybe he should learn more about FIA approved items as well as boots.

Love ya AJ. Every navi ****s up every now and then. Ask Bob Olson, I lost an entire race for him getting lost and declaring the wrong time at an ATC. you can have a navi that reads perfect notes, but if you don't know the rules and you can't find your way through a transit your note reading skills won't mean shit.

#33 · (Edited)
Necessity is the mother of invention, and sence it is not legal to put an evo motor in my car, (thanks dave for making me hate subie motors) then I will have to use my brain to create Franken-Motor, and thanks to Brian, our invention will come to life. If you get the rare chance to listen to what we have created you will likely will not get it. Yes it may blow up, but the risk is worth the reward, at this point it is either win or blow up everything under the hood, and some of the things under the tunnel. It may be a loss at that point but at least it will be a close 2nd.

I almost forgot, even if I don't win at Rally Colorado at least i don't have to worry about beating you, Mark

#43 ·
I go to the bar and suddenly the forums explode.

Who really cares which of the gay Subaru's lose to Dave's Evo and Whitman's Cossie? Do you guys ever get tired of racing for 3rd, 4th, or 5th place?

I'm going to win Group 5. And beat the Group 2 cars in the process. And some of your fancy Subarus too while I'm at it. I'll probably be sleeping in my car in the parking lot as well.

#53 ·
I'm winning Group 2 by default of everyone else DNFing because they don't spend enough time working on their own cars and because all the rest of those pathetic G2 cars aren't Subarus.
I have to agree with Grant though on overall 2WD. He's definitely got it won. I'll be within a few minutes though for sure.

#58 ·
I'm winning Group 2 by default of everyone else DNFing because they don't spend enough time working on their own cars and because all the rest of those pathetic G2 cars aren't Subarus.
I have to agree with Grant though on overall 2WD. He's definitely got it won. I'll be within a few minutes though for sure.
I've got to remember to log off when Grant comes over.

#56 ·
Haha. True. I did say that, though I never found out who the secret sponsor was.
http://www.mc2racing.com

I've already got some of their stuff in the car, but now I'll have full bushings everywhere from them, their cool aluminum poly bushed rear diff mount, and the manual clutch adjuster. The clutch adjuster replaces the plastic stock one that is supposed to automatically adjust and is made out of 1984 plastic, but is one of my theories as to why my clutch won't fully disengage right now.

They also have started selling some WRX stuff too.

Also have a local guy who's selling all the stuff from his car to swap in a supercharged V6 and has a few bolt on parts and upgrades that could put me into the 300+ hp range. Considering it, but I don't know that I want the Steve and Brian/Schmidt effect where everytime I drive the car it's substantially different and I never learn how to drive it effectively fast. (nice, even worked in some smack talk)

#57 ·
Haha. True. I did say that, though I never found out who the secret sponsor was.
It really wasn't much of a secret...it was Forced Performance, the guys who made the turbo I was running for PPIHC. It was only a secret b/c the southern guys wouldn't say what they were doing for a PPIHC motor in the GC8.

Congrats on getting in with a parts manufacturer! That means fun runs for all in your car now, right? (nice, even worked in a owww burn!)

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.