Temple Canyon re-cap thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Temple Canyon re-cap thread

  1. #1
    eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO, United States.
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Temple Canyon re-cap thread

    First of all, photos can be found at http://www.KevinHahnPhotography.com/2008/CRCEvent2 , and there is special CRC pricing for those interested.

    Second of all, congratulations to all of the rally competitors. Not only did at least 5 teams post times faster than the record before the event started but everybody looked fast, clean, and committed (minus Hughes, sorta ). Our "slow" cars looked well driven, I remember hearing very positive comments from a variety of spectators (even after some of the "slower" cars). And much to my delight many spectators I spoke with considered the rally class to be one of their favorites, a testament to the competition and driving effort being put forth by all of the teams.


    So lets hear some race reports and re-caps!
    Last edited by KevinG5Hahn; 05-12-2008 at 06:09 AM.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO, United States.
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    Whoever has the results, if you could e-mail me them at Kevin-a-KevinHahnPhotography.com ASAP I'd be grateful!
    Last edited by KevinG5Hahn; 05-12-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG5Hahn View Post
    Not only did at least 5 teams post times faster than the record before the event started but everybody looked fast, clean, and committed (minus Hughes, sorta ).
    I saw you filming in the roller coasters and I'll let you know I was only 5 MPH slower than the fastest AWD cars and I was the fastest 2WD car based upon the radar. I just ****ed up the braking point by trying to drive it in too deep and the car stalled and doesn't really kick start when your sliding sideways. So I had to stop and restart the car. I think I could have been close to 3rd on that run without that mistake considering I backed off for the rest of the run as well since I knew I'd ruined my chance there. I even sacraficed some time on that run at the start line by swerving into the dirt out of the line and flooring it to try to spray Sterling while he was standing at the start line. Cost me 4 MPH in trap speed at the very least.

    We'll have results and video posted up tonight.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Left 4 into beachball DaveK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centennial, CO, U.S.
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    I saw you filming in the roller coasters and I'll let you know I was only 5 MPH slower than the fastest AWD cars and I was the fastest 2WD car based upon the radar. I just ****ed up the braking point by trying to drive it in too deep and the car stalled and doesn't really kick start when your sliding sideways. So I had to stop and restart the car. I think I could have been close to 3rd on that run without that mistake considering I backed off for the rest of the run as well since I knew I'd ruined my chance there. I even sacraficed some time on that run at the start line by swerving into the dirt out of the line and flooring it to try to spray Sterling while he was standing at the start line. Cost me 4 MPH in trap speed at the very least.

    We'll have results and video posted up tonight.
    I thought you were getting all your excuses out before the event in that other thread...

    Dave

  7. #5

    Default

    Five out of the ten fastest cars for the weekend were rally cars. One was a quad.
    3:11.4 - Open Wheel - Spencer Steele
    3:16.2 - Waples GC8 Turbo
    3:16.7 - Moberly 06 WRX
    3:18.6 - Open Wheel - Paul Dallenbach
    3:18.8 - Whitman Escort Cosworth
    3:19.0 - Super Sprint - Stewart
    3:19.8 - Super Sprint - Markovich
    3:19.8 - Dave Kern - Evo 9 on E-85 and stock suspension
    3:21.7 - Regester - WRX STI
    3:22.5 - Quad - Tollett

  8. #6
    eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO, United States.
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    I saw you filming in the roller coasters and I'll let you know I was only 5 MPH slower than the fastest AWD cars and I was the fastest 2WD car based upon the radar. I just ****ed up the braking point by trying to drive it in too deep and the car stalled and doesn't really kick start when your sliding sideways. So I had to stop and restart the car. I think I could have been close to 3rd on that run without that mistake considering I backed off for the rest of the run as well since I knew I'd ruined my chance there. I even sacraficed some time on that run at the start line by swerving into the dirt out of the line and flooring it to try to spray Sterling while he was standing at the start line. Cost me 4 MPH in trap speed at the very least.

    We'll have results and video posted up tonight.

    I am only busting your balls since you were talking about chicken footing the whole course. It looked like you had your hands full and were loving every minute of it!
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

  9. #7
    100 K right 4 flight120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA.
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Hey Grant,

    I sent an Email to the CRC site's contact address with a question I have. Let me know if it's not a good Email or you don't get it or whatever and I'll sent it to you some other way.

    Thanks,
    Tommy

  10. #8

    Default

    Results are posted on the site. As are current standings.

  11. #9

    Default

    If you come upon what you think may be an error, let me know either via email or a PM. All the times have to be hand entered for the most part so there is a little room for typing errors.
    Last edited by granthughes; 05-13-2008 at 06:21 AM.

  12. #10
    eating dust taking photos KevinG5Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO, United States.
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    If you come upon what you think may be an error, let me know either via email or a PM.
    I see a couple things that might need to be discussed amongst the officials.
    Kevin Hahn
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •