Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Bumping

Hey Charles,

Do you have any high speed video of tests showing the effects on the occupants using nets vs. not using nets? I think there's some questions about what they actually do for you during a crash vs. head wings on seats (the favorite $500 seat thread) and video of some sort would actually allow people to see the results for themselves.
    Travis Sleight
    Saratoga Springs,NY
    KC2QIU

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyan Pan View Post
    Hey Charles,

Do you have any high speed video of tests showing the effects on the occupants using nets vs. not using nets?
    Hi,

I don't have any video. I do have this PDF that shows clear test data that the nets do in fact help in side impact, http://www.safedrives.com/prodimages...comparison.pdf

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

That basically says what I was looking for. Thanks Charles!
    Travis Sleight
    Saratoga Springs,NY
    KC2QIU

Thumbs up

Bump for a HUGE safety upgrade in a rally car no matter WHAT seat you have.

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

bump for safety

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

Bump for a HUGE safety upgrade.

Hi All,

These rally specific Side Impact Nets offer a HUGE safety upgrade in a rally car no matter WHAT seat you have. Even seat with head surround can benefit from these nets.

We have used rally nets in our own rally car for over two years without problem.

The Driver restraint net is designed to help keep your head and your shoulders in line with your hips during a heavy side impact. You see, our FIA type race seats hold our hips in the seat really well but not our upper body. Also, seats have been shown in testing to fail above 50G impact.

The nets reinforce the seats while increasing safety a huge amount.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Teresa
    Maybe it is a false sense of security, but I do feel much safer in the car after installing the four nets. My Sparco seat does not flex like it used to!! I feel like I am in a cocoon....

Best Regards,
    Teresa
    Co-Driver/Silly Seat Occupant

The minimum we recommend for a rally car is:

Safety Solutions Rally Driver Net

Polyester Webbing = $125
    Kevlar Webbing = $155

Kevlar webbing has the lesser amount of stretch. Less stretch in this situation = safer but higher cost. Poly net better than no net at all.

Please note the included ratcheting mechanism. You want these nets to be "guitar string" tight, literally wrapping your seats.

Check out our rally car shown here, again we have used these in our car for over two years. I have won two consecutive G5 Rally America Regional Drivers Championships ('06 & '07) racing in this car with this set up. I tell you it is not a problem at all from a driver perspective.

Above pictured are my old seats. ^^^

Below are my new seats for 2009 season:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

If you do not want or cannot accommodate the ratcheting mechanism on the standard Rally Nets then we recommend the HD system.

Safety Solutions Heavy Duty Rally Driver Net

$170
    Only available with Kevlar webbing, a bit more webbing material as well. This net would not be "guitar string" tight but installed as tight as possible without a ratchet.

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

Bump for a great safety upgrade.