Rally Nets @ safedrives.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Nets @ safedrives.com

Thumbs up Rally Nets @ safedrives.com

Hi All,

These rally specific Side Impact Nets offer a HUGE safety upgrade in a rally car no matter WHAT seat you have. Even seat with head surround can benefit from these nets.

We have used rally nets in our own rally car for over two years without problem.

The Driver restraint net is designed to help keep your head and your shoulders in line with your hips during a heavy side impact. You see, our FIA type race seats hold our hips in the seat really well but not our upper body. Also, seats have been shown in testing to fail above 50G impact.

The nets reinforce the seats while increasing safety a huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa
    Maybe it is a false sense of security, but I do feel much safer in the car after installing the four nets. My Sparco seat does not flex like it used to!! I feel like I am in a cocoon....

Best Regards,
    Teresa
    Co-Driver/Silly Seat Occupant

The minimum we recommend for a rally car is:

Safety Solutions Rally Driver Net

Polyester Webbing = $125
    Kevlar Webbing = $155

Kevlar webbing has the lesser amount of stretch. Less stretch in this situation = safer but higher cost. Poly net better than no net at all.

Please note the included ratcheting mechanism. You want these nets to be "guitar string" tight, literally wrapping your seats.

Check out our rally car shown here, again we have used these in our car for over two years. I have won two consecutive G5 Rally America Regional Drivers Championships ('06 & '07) racing in this car with this set up. I tell you it is not a problem at all from a driver perspective.

Above pictured are my old seats. ^^^

Below are my new seats for 2009 season:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

If you do not want or cannot accommodate the ratcheting mechanism on the standard Rally Nets then we recommend the HD system.

Safety Solutions Heavy Duty Rally Driver Net

$170
    Only available with Kevlar webbing, a bit more webbing material as well. This net would not be "guitar string" tight but installed as tight as possible without a ratchet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for looking at this advert!
    Last edited by Safe Drives; 05-07-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

don't cut

Got a couple of questions...

Somewhere you said ( I think) these need to be very tight. So if someone had to get out of the car at the start of a stage, how much grief/time involved in getting the nets refastened ??

I see the SFI website lists the nets certification as 2 years. Seems like the kevlar should have a longer lifespan , yes-no ??

If you get to DooWops early Friday and I get you teched right away, can you display the car at tech for people to try ?

Would you like a table or display area for "stuff" if I can arrange it ?

Thanks,
    Gene

DooWop Chief Scrutineer

Thumbs up

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by heymagic View Post
    Got a couple of questions...

Somewhere you said ( I think) these need to be very tight. So if someone had to get out of the car at the start of a stage, how much grief/time involved in getting the nets refastened ??
    It's not too bad at all. It's really just a standard ratchet strap. You pop it loose and tighten it just like you would to secure a motorcycle on a trailer. The slight difference being that there is a quick release. The quick release has a red handle on it and can be seen in the images above. You just pull the red handle to exit.

I see the SFI website lists the nets certification as 2 years. Seems like the kevlar should have a longer lifespan , yes-no ??
    Yes Kevlar is much better.

If you get to DooWops early Friday and I get you teched right away, can you display the car at tech for people to try ?
    Yes! That sounds great!

Would you like a table or display area for "stuff" if I can arrange it ?

Thanks,
    Gene

DooWop Chief Scrutineer
    Thank you for the offer Gene that sounds great. Just let us know what time you want us to show up at tech and we will be there on time.

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Bump!

Who's running nets at Olympus besides our car?

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

It's not obvious to me whether your pricing is per net or per pair. Clarify?

Dick
    "In a battle of wits, it is poor sport to fight an unarmed man". - Samuel Clemens

Hi Dick,
    The prices are per net. I will clarify this on our website.

Thanks!
    Teresa

into right 2 tightens

Since these are not currently required equipment, will they still need to be replaced every 2 years?

Thanks!
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bknblk View Post
    Since these are not currently required equipment, will they still need to be replaced every 2 years?

Thanks!

Hi,

Only if the rule books begin to require replacement of nets every two years.

Your welcome!

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

Safety Bump!