Special Stage Forums banner
43K views 160 replies 31 participants last post by  Jeff Hagan 
#1 ·
#149 ·
Yet.
Plus with a rig like this you could get someone else to pay for all the fuel by renting out spots on it. Rent two and maybe you might even make a few bucks to pay for Aaron to drive it out for you and just fly in. Extra work day is extra money!

#150 ·
End thread:

LOCATED IN RUSSIA …

MILITARY CLASS HOVERCRAFT LANDING CRAFT 90% COMPLETE AND READY FOR DELIVERY IN 4-5 MONTHS..........An outstanding opportunity for the right government agency to obtain a vessel which normally takes 4-5 years to complete. These vessels are proven in service with the Russian and Greek navies and their square-shaped pontoon structure provides a rugged, stable and seaworthy platform. The middle section accommodates the compartment for armored vehicles to be landed with the two outer sections housing the troop compartments, crew living quarters, life support and nuclear, biological and chemical protection areas.

Armament includes two (2) stabilized multiple rocket launchers, four (4) IGLA-1M portable air defense missile systems among others. She is complete with navigation and electronic systems.

LOA: 56.2 METERS
BEAM: 25.5 METERS
DRAFT: 1.6 METERS
SPEED: 60 KNOTS
RANGE: 300 MILES
CREW: 31
ENGINES: 5 GAS TURBINES M70
60,000 HP (total)

CAN CARRY 130 TONS.........3 TANKS T-80 AND 140 RANGERS

Brand New!!! [SIZE=+1]$64,999,995.00[/SIZE]

#160 ·
You guys are completely missing the boat on tow vehicles... enter, the new champion:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/1886018574.html

I had one of these with a 460 gas motor, it's the epitome of pimp mobile: bench in back folds down into a double bed, turns heads everywhere you go, plenty of room for people/tools/spares and they pretty much all come with 5th wheel/gooseneck hitches for Grant's wet dream wedge trailer.

(also a bit of advice on the whole "other people paying for your diesel" thing: charge at least $.50 a mile, otherwise you won't make enough for it to be worth your time. And hauling cars commercially on the weekends to pay for insurance... not worth it... too many people trying to moonlight in the industry and driving prices to ridiculously low levels [or make their payments on their $100k peters they shouldn't have been approved a loan for]. Feel free to PM me if you want to know what it's like... I bandit hauled [no DOT reg. but I did have insurance] for quite some time, made some good money... wouldn't do it again unless it was somebody else's equipment and I got a sizeable chunk of what the truck made. Let's just say in running the numbers on a $20/hr job I foresee about the same yearly income without spending $10k on diesel/tires/trailer hubs/axles...)

#161 ·
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this one yet, but my favourite service vehicle of all time has to be Michael Salter's "Car Camel":

http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=389

I had the privilege of riding in it at Targa last year. Yes, it's a mid-90s Caravan that's been chopped in the middle.

It doesn't need any extra ramps for loading and unloading. The rear end is on air suspension that lowers the whole thing right to the ground. And because space is at a premium inside the cab, Michael decided to go for a design that didn't need a separate reservoir tank; instead, all the welds in the rear section were done airtight, and the hollow frame acts as the reservoir for the air suspension system.

It drives very nicely, and everyone loves it. I remember after we DNF'd (mechanical - a rod bolt decided to go on strike) and our crew came to collect us, the Car and Driver crew who were following Rhys Millen for the event happened by and took a whole bunch of photos. I never found out if any of them made it into the magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.