new press regs - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: new press regs

I can't tell from the ambiguous language, but is everyone prohibited from posting "streaming video", or just those with press credentials? Because it seems like the free advertising you get from YouTube fan videos would be a pretty stupid thing to throw away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

In my mind, I'm more concerned about:

"Credentialed media on photo/video assignment who have been granted a media vest shall be allowed to film, tape or photograph on-course action from designated photo locations, as well as behind-the-scenes and lifestyle elements."

I really hope that those who are able to get accreditation are not cattle herded into photo pens or something similar.
    Warwick
    www.formulaphoto.com
    Launch Control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdK9...3StytlAFShrF2M
    #cdnrally #usrally #wrctv #subarurally

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I will not attend nor support any further R-A event until this silly policy is overturned.

I dub thee Rally-Unamerica!
    Last edited by comicozzie; 01-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie Autosport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

The language is very similar to what is presented at just about any sporting event or concert I have ever covered. I have seen similar restrictions at high school level sports.
    In short, the restrictions are not at all uncommon and are generally considered reasonable in many other events / sports.

There are problems with the policy, and I am not sure that it is the right time for something this restrictive ... but image protection is an important part of brand management for the series and the teams.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    I can't tell from the ambiguous language, but is everyone prohibited from posting "streaming video", or just those with press credentials? Because it seems like the free advertising you get from YouTube fan videos would be a pretty stupid thing to throw away.
    The way I read it means anything. Fan, in-car, or otherwise.

Jerry
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie Autosport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    I really hope that those who are able to get accreditation are not cattle herded into photo pens or something similar.
    Many WRC events do that now (others don't)
    If the photo pens are well placed and thought out it really isn't a problem, but that is a LOT of work.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

So the safety requirements have increased, effectively pricing a large number of competitors out of RA events for 2008, and now those who *do* run have no means for obtaining imagery of their endeavor, as the only photogs on-stage will be those confirmed on an editorial assignment? How ridiculous.

Despite not wanting to be party to RA vs. NASA drama, it's safe to say I am officially on the want-nothing-to-do-with-Rally-Amerika-anymore bandwagon. Screw that sort of nonsense. The events are more expensive, the build requirements are more expensive, and now this nonsense? Piss off.
    Brian Driggs, Adventurist.life
    98 Pajero | both my GVR4s ended up as rally cars - just not mine.

Sweat and anger and shame. MarkMalsom's Avatar

how does this work for potential people on public or private land. could you in theory go to somone who owns land along the event and take pictures from there? just curious.

personally, i'll just get my cool rally car photos from people at events like hill climbs where they can go where they please and don't have such draconian restrictions.
    -Mark Malsom

What everybody else said. RA keeps digging their own grave...

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well perhaps all R-A posts and press releases should be treated as advertising here at SpecialStage and they should have to pay to get any coverage here at all. This seems like a really pathetic money grab.

I will not attend nor support any further R-A event until this silly policy is overturned.

Not that they care.

I dub thee Rally-Unamerica!
    Well Jim, whaddya expect?

Havir is a linear descendant of the justly maligned Spitzner, and a key component in Spitzners welt-anschauung was that this pitifuly 2 horse show
    which is supposed to be so "Professional" is predicated a base that is very nearly, except of course the Corporate Officers of Rally America, an all volunteer system.

So they come with horse crap like this, and like the You must ONLY display the Offical Sponsor decals under pain of exclusion at the whim of.... crap and expect people to regard them as serious or Professional....

My God,
    Hey Rally-America! All you DCH, JB, etc! You're Amateurs.

And poor amateurs at that, very unprofessional.

Give it up,
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat