2008 Contingnecy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Contingnecy?

Default 2008 Contingnecy?

Hello,

Is there going to be any contingency for running Silverstones in 2008 for regional competitors? I am needing to put an order in for tires and it may help me make my decision on which brand to go with.
    Jon Rea

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default Yes!

Yes, we will be having a 2008 contingency plan. Currently, it is slated to be no less than our 2007 plan, but we are also soliciting input for changing it up a bit. We've had the same contingency plan (or at least the same format) since 1999 and while it is effective, we want to make sure that we are providing our customers with the plan they want to participate in.

Mark Tabor
    Tabor Rally Team

Silverstone Tyres, USA
    www.silverstonetyresusa.com
    www.taborrallyteam.com

Great!

I have tried to contact you by email but it seems I can not get through. Are there any details about this posted or any documentation on what the contingency is?

I would appreciate it.
    Jon Rea

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Yes, our email server has moved and is not quite up and running. The current email that works is [email protected].

I don't have the 07 plan up, but hope to have the rest of the webpage restored soon.

Mark Tabor
    Silverstone Tyres, USA

www.taborrallyteam.com

Any word? I'm getting tired of the overpriced hard Hankooks everywhere.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

Quote Originally Posted by granthughes View Post
    Any word? I'm getting tired of the overpriced hard Hankooks everywhere.

Patience, Grasshopper!! We will be announcing by the end of January.

Mark Tabor
    www.taborrallyteam.com

PS--Our prices aren't changing this year!

Exclamation

_-= bUMp =-_

Need the details!
    - Kris
    KI6IUC
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your rally question is probably answered in Rally University

RALLYNOTES.COM - YOUTUBE VIDEO - PICTURE GALLERY - HIGH DESERT TRAILS

Default Contingency posted

We have finally posted our 08 contingency. I am still working out some of the web page updated, so some of the image files are somewhat...missing...

http://www.taborrallyteam.com/2008_Contingency.htm

The entire page is undergoing a bit of an overhaul in my spare time (like, between 1 and 4 am, when my eyes get blurry from taxes).

Please contact us directly for individual questions or to register. The best way to do this is via email: [email protected]

Mark Tabor

Arrow Contingency Feedback

Hey Mark,

I'm just going to rant here for a second to see if maybe it will affect your 2009 strategy.

* I'm not going to check if my competition has Silverstone tires, or more specifically, hound everyone to join the contingency program even if they do. Only against qualified entrants in class? Most of the 2WD's in the last year have been running Hankooks, so no money for me...

* 120 days? I have Silverstone tires that are more then a year and 3 rallies old - I thought that was a good thing? Maybe 18 months is more realistic for a grassroots team? I would consider myself somewhat 'national' and I usually only buy 1 set of tires for an event.

Let me pitch it from a sales and marketing perspective:
    I like Silverstone tires. They wear better and last longer then Hankooks. The 14" size is a better fit on my car. They are more expensive then Hankooks, but the extra cost can be justified as they will see 2-3 rallies and not just 1. I would proudly run the stickers if I knew that - as long as I beat at least 3 people in my class I would be getting $40 or more for more Silverstone tires.

My suggestion would be to drop the "only against ourselves" and put your tires up against other manufacturers. Giving someone a coupon for $40 worth of more tires means that:
    A: They won with the tires.
    B: They will most likely be buying more and telling their friends to buy them.
    C: You have cars on the podium with Silverstone tires and stickers on them!

1st out of 1 in class = nothing.
    1st or 2nd out of 2 in class= nothing.
    1st, 2nd, or 3rd out of 3 in class = nothing.

1st out of 4-6 = $80
    2nd out of 5-6 = $60
    3rd out of 6 = $40

1st out of 7+ = $100
    2nd out of 7+ = $80
    3rd out of 7+ = $60

** Please use "starters" and not "finishers" - I'm sorry Hankook, but I beat the 3 people that didn't finish. It's called "rally".

Currently most people I know (2WD) are running the Hankook contingency because it has the best bang for the buck. If you want to sell more tires, you'll have to really compete with this contingency directly. I would rather buy Silverstone tires, but If I just won $100 from Hankook - you know where the other $300 of my money is going.

I understand you are not the manufacturer and probably can't offer a deal like the other guys can. It's unfortunate because of the quality of the Silverstone product. I think you could still attract people to stick with Silverstone - even if you cut the above payouts in half.

Thanks for listening!
    - Kris
    KI6IUC
    NASA Rally Sport Director
    Your rally question is probably answered in Rally University

RALLYNOTES.COM - YOUTUBE VIDEO - PICTURE GALLERY - HIGH DESERT TRAILS

^ Hear, hear. Contingency - and nothing else - is what has this newb leaning very heavily toward Hankook.