Does the device have a certification lifespan, similar to Belts and Seats?
Currently there is no set spec. A lot of the webbing on the R3 / Hybrid / Hutchins II Pro is actually Kevlar webbing. Most harnesses are made from Polyester or Nylon. However any recertification requirement of two years would come from the sanctioning body though and not the manufacturer.
The manufacturer does recommend re-web within 3 years or after a major impact (under $75 for re-web).
I have updated the original post to reflect the current policies governing the R3 Rent to Own Program. We have learned a lot in the last few months and changed a couple of things recently. Some changes were by customer feedback and some changes were made to cover our rear ends.
I'll sum up the changes:
1) Lower credit card authorization / deposit amount.
2) Extended RTO credit to allow purchase of the Hutchins Hybrid or R3.
3) Slight price increase on the D Ring Kit.
4) Clarified the rental "week" definition.
5) Added a new Late Return Penalty policy.
6) Added an express shipping option.
Please let us know what you think or if you have any questions.