Gforce FIA Camlock Harnesses Start at $149.95 + Free Shipping - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gforce FIA Camlock Harnesses Start at $149.95 + Free Shipping

Actually, I got the belts in August, 2006.

I thought about tape, but then there's the chance that it will come off and take the rest of the ink with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by C_Eixen View Post
    Actually, I got the belts in August, 2006.

I thought about tape, but then there's the chance that it will come off and take the rest of the ink with it.
    I meant 2006... oooops.

On a side note, I was Chief Scrutineer at Mt. Hood rally a couple of weeks ago and I saw another brand of harnesses that had this same issue. Any other scrutineers out there ran into this problem?

Othen than the tag issue how do you like those harnesses C_Eixen? How many event have you done with them in the car? Is the car daily diven? Weekly? I'm trying to get an idea of how much they are used?

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

I've done 11 days of rally (5 2-day events and a c1) and a few rallyx events. Other than that, the car sits in a garage (no sun).

As you can see, the SFI tags are nice, but the FIA tags are very small, and only one still has the date legible. (click for larger image)

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Thank you for posting the images.

I'm not sure why yours are looking so poor versus my three year old belts. Mine have seen a bit more use than that and still look pretty good.

As for a fear of not passing tech? Please put a copy of your Safe Drives sales invoice in your log book and if someone asks about your tags then you can at least pull out the invoice. From there we can match up the SFI tag to the sales date and we'll know your ok.

Discussions = good. I love this new vendor forum!

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

N43 37.126' W-115 15.273' Eddie Fiorelli's Avatar

Woot! My belts just expired! Great timing

100 K right 4

What about shipping to Canadian SS.com users?

Short or long shoulder straps?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Fiorelli View Post
    Woot! My belts just expired! Great timing
    Wow! Thanks for your order Eddie! That will ship out today.

Quote Originally Posted by dtompsett View Post
    What about shipping to Canadian SS.com users?
    We ship product to Canada almost everyday. I'm sorry but I cannot offer free shipping to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dtompsett View Post
    Short or long shoulder straps?
    Shorter = Safer. But if your asking specifically about the Gforce shoulder belt length they are the shoter type and not available as longer type. We do have the longer one though from Sabelt.

Mmmm.... Saaaabeeellllt. NICE! Click here for details.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Eixen View Post
    I've got the 6-point FIA belts, and after a little over one year, the FIA tags are almost unreadable.

Mine are over 4 years old and the tags are still fine.

Love the belts. The buckle is just as small/light as fancier brands, and not super-sensitive on the angles when clicking in the belt ends like some more expensive ones as well. They don't have the quick adjusters for the shoulder belt lengths, but the standard ones work just as well (which is rare). I actually like these belts better than much more expensive brands.

DEM

into right 2 tightens

Hi Charles,

Your website shows that the G-Force pull-up style belts that most people find preferable are SFI-only (and hence expire after 2 years) vs. the pull-down style which are SFI and FIA approved (and hence only expire after 5 years) ?

Is it possible to get the G-Force belts in a pull-up style that are both SFI- and FIA-approved so they only expire after 5 years ?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi UrQ View Post
    Hi Charles,

Your website shows that the G-Force pull-up style belts that most people find preferable are SFI-only (and hence expire after 2 years) vs. the pull-down style which are SFI and FIA approved (and hence only expire after 5 years) ?

Is it possible to get the G-Force belts in a pull-up style that are both SFI- and FIA-approved so they only expire after 5 years ?
    Hi,

Good question!

Gforce only had the belts Homologated as "pull down". So if you want the five year tag from Gforce you have to deal with the belts being pull down.

Of course, all of the other harness manufacturers that we offer can be supplied with FIA Homologation and pull up lap belts.

Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free