Gforce FIA Camlock Harnesses Start at $149.95 + Free Shipping
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Gforce FIA Camlock Harnesses Start at $149.95 + Free Shipping

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Gforce FIA Camlock Harnesses Start at $149.95 + Free Shipping

    Hi Everyone,

    Safe Drives only sells tested and certified safety harnesses.

    We have always been a rally team on a tight budget and we know a good deal when we see it. In fact, when we built our last rally car we put the Gforce 5 point Camlock harnesses in and we love them. For the money they cannot be beat. FIA Homologated means they are good for five years. Nice.

    Here we offer the 5 point Gforce Camlock Harness for $149.95.



    Please see all of our harness selections by clicking here.

    We offer safety harnesses from;

    Gforce
    OMP
    Racetech

    All are available with FIA tags that are good for five years.

    Special Stage users will receive free shipping (to lower 48) on all purchases over $100 by using the coupon code "SDS1" at the checkout screen where you enter your name and address information.

    Please let me know if I can answer any questions.
    Last edited by Safe Drives; 01-12-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Updated


    Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I bought a set of these thru Charles and am quite happy with it. The only thing i dont like is the paint on the camlock started peeling off. Oh and sometimes when you unlock it the lever stays unlocked...

    Oscar

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turoc View Post
    I bought a set of these thru Charles and am quite happy with it. The only thing i dont like is the paint on the camlock started peeling off. Oh and sometimes when you unlock it the lever stays unlocked...

    Oscar
    Hi Oscar!

    Thank you for the review!

    I think that when you turn the lever all the way over it "holds" it all the way open as a "feature". This is not a safety concern though at all.

    How long did you have your belts before the paint started peeling? I've had mine for three years with no problem like this so I'm curious.


    Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

    Default

    What piece of the harness does is the cam lock permanently mounted to? Ours is currently on the left hand lap belt. I sat in another car where the cam was permanently attached to the sub belt(s) and liked it a heck of a lot better than our current setup.
    Travis Sleight
    Saratoga Springs,NY
    KC2QIU

  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlyan Pan View Post
    What piece of the harness does is the cam lock permanently mounted to? Ours is currently on the left hand lap belt. I sat in another car where the cam was permanently attached to the sub belt(s) and liked it a heck of a lot better than our current setup.

    Hmmm, my Gforce belts have the camlock attached to the right side lap belt.

    My old Sparcos had the camlock on the center sub strap and this is how most other manufacturers do it as well.

    What brand of harness do you have Phlyan Pan?


    Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

  8. #6
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I had em on a week before BRS and the driver side started peeling during the event. The cam lock issue is not safety related at all. It stays there sometimes when i unlock it. I guess i am used to my old harnesses that had a different cam lock. My cams or located on the lap belts as well.

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turoc View Post
    I had em on a week before BRS and the driver side started peeling during the event. The cam lock issue is not safety related at all. It stays there sometimes when i unlock it. I guess i am used to my old harnesses that had a different cam lock. My cams or located on the lap belts as well.
    If you want, I'll swap 'em out for you no problem.


    Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

  10. #8
    50 caution yump
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Thanks for the offer but its a rally car man, No need to make it look pretty! It just gets annoying when my friends point it out...

  11. #9

    Default

    I've got the 6-point FIA belts, and after a little over one year, the FIA tags are almost unreadable.

    Luckily the SFI tags are still good, but I'm afraid I'll have to replace the belts well before the FIA expiration at the end of 2010.

  12. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C_Eixen View Post
    I've got the 6-point FIA belts, and after a little over one year, the FIA tags are almost unreadable.

    Luckily the SFI tags are still good, but I'm afraid I'll have to replace the belts well before the FIA expiration at the end of 2010.
    What?! In three years of selling race harness belts I have never heard of this problem. I guess I can see it happening though...

    FYI everyone, C_Eixen got the Gforce belts from us on August 1, 2007.

    C_Eixen, can you take some action to preserve the tags? Maybe fold over a piece of clear packing tape on the tags? I'm not sure if the tape will stick... You might have to sew the tape onto the tags.

    At least the price is great on the Gforce belts. Next time buy OMP or Sabelt?


    Best regards,
    Charles Buren
    www.safedrives.com
    877-739-1713 Toll Free

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •