Special Stage Forums banner

Where are they?

16K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  BruRom 
#1 ·
Where did Millens 4wd Rx7 end up?
Where are Gene Hendersons AMC SX/4s' or Guy Lights' SX/4?
I know where Larry Schmidts Colt is and Dean Blagowskis SX/4.
Anyone have pictures of the SX/4s' from 82,83,84?
I am doing some research for the AMC Eagle forum

Nick Leone

#10 ·
#9 ·
Bought one of the last two Gene Henderson's Eagle SX4's in 1985. Rallied it a cpl of years and sold it to a guy in Houston.

The guy in Houston never rallied it as far as I know.

He mainly runs the closed pavement road races in NV.

Name is John Hennesy sp?

He also produces an improvement kit for the Dodge Viper sorta like the Saleen Mustang.

Saw a write up on him in Car and Driver or Road and Track a cpl of years ago.

Believe it was Blagowsky in his SX4 that was 1st when I was 2nd on a wet Paris by Night coef 3 in the 80's for a 1-2 sweep on alot rougher course than the Guard presently allows Paris by Night to run.

#11 ·
#22 is the Toyota Corolla of Ken Neilson (San Jose, CA). They finished 8 out of 13 finishers in production. Gene Henderson finished 2nd in P in the SX4 and Dan Blagowsky finished 13th (last) in P in his SX4. Blagowski looked like he had some decent stage times except for one stage where they had trouble which took them out of contention.
JimB

#14 ·
Except that the No. 22 pictured is not a Toyota Corolla. It is either an Opel Kadett C or an Opel/Isuzu/I-Mark.

#13 ·
Interesting Factory Eagle SX4/Gene Henderson.

The folks who were there will have more details, but the story sort of goes like this.

Steve Nowicki, pretty new ralliest was plenty fast in a Plymouth Arrow and was giving the old timers the dickens.

Scene, one of, or the last rally of the year.
NW event
Gene Henderson leading championship for the year
Nowicki had a mathmatical chance winning the championship.

Seems Henderson's Eagle became "locked up" on a one lane bridge. Nowicki was the next car or so and could not get thru.

Bottom line, Jeep and Henderson won the championship.

#23 ·
Yup the Gillilands had it - according to what I remember it was painted orange, and had these awesome silver Western Wheels - it looked purty, and sounded even better....

#27 ·
Somewhat 'on' topic

Posted on Tampa Craigslist:
(no affiliation)

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/pts/5498123995.html

Rally Car 1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - $1000 (Dade City)
(posted 19 Mar 2016)

Details from ad:

I have a project car I'm getting rid of it's an all-wheel drive AMC Eagle SX/4.
I have the engine a 258ci and driveshafts, a spare front differential and a bunch of other stuff to go with it.
The Cage is about 70% finished the main hoop and driver halo are Completed which is the hard part. It is build according to NASA and Rally America Rule standards finished with an all Iron engine weighs less than a Subaru WRX, I was going to race it in an Arizona rally series before I moved back to Florida.
The body is in great shape no rust (It was a Southern California car) call for any questions.
I have a Good Clean Title for it as well.

#28 ·
Drive by one everyday, it keeps whispering "stage me..."

oh and one of these is incorrect a) ...main hoop and DRIVER HALO or b) built according to NASA and RA Rule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.