Mt Hood trash talk - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mt Hood trash talk

I drive the car.

Quote Originally Posted by cablerhodes
    BTW, Simon, we will be leaving Boise Fri afternoon around 1 or 2. Any chance of stretching the time for tech just a bit if we need to?
    Well since I'm the scrutineer for the Hood River scrutineering local...the answer is...

Wait for it....

Still waiting....

maybe.
    ok, no.

I'm sure you can get there by 8PM. Alternately, I am staying at the http://www.cooperspur.com/ hotel (still $71 a night includes tax). So you could have me tech your car there that evening, by appointment, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by cablerhodes
    My prediction: My Rotarie to finish third in G5.
    I fixed it! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Still, it's nice to see Charles in it.
    Awww, thanks Doug. It's nice to hear that you might be in it as well. Just add some weight to the go pedal before Dan takes to the stages and you guys'll do just fine.

Best regards,

Charles Buren
    G5 Impreza

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

don't lift over crest > dust cablerhodes's Avatar

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem getting to tech by 8. Just covering our bases!
    Cable Rhodes
    Boise, ID

Quote Originally Posted by Racer5
    G5 is on.

NWR Folks,

Take a good look at Cables avitar... I think this guys going to fit in around here just fine.

Best regards,

Charles Buren
    G5 Impreza
    OMG!

cablerhodes drank from the keg! OMG! he drank from the keg! where's cablerhodes!?! he drank from the keg! where's cablerhodes car?!? we have to put this keg in his car-he drank from the keg! we have to put this keg in his car-it is his keg-HE drank from it-cablerhodes drank from this keg where is his car!?! OMG! cablerhodes drank from the keg!!! where is cablerhodes?!?...

(Sorry to jack-inside joke from the Damition Sprints-those that were there will giggle, damn charles, I woulda never seen that Avatar---PRICELESS!!! NO???)

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default Shadd & the RX3

don't write Shadd off because he hasn't entered -- he always starts out thinking he'll maybe do pace, maybe do service, then he starts thinking maybe just MAYBE he'll run, then he starts counting pennies and skips happy hour (horrors!) once, then he looks around and decides to skip the rent this month, and he figures out a way. the Screamin Chicken may still make it to Mt. Hood -- stand by!

ps-course I stole his co-driver for this one....
    Pat Harris, #459
    www.FlingPu.com

I drive the car.

Quote Originally Posted by mother1ship
    the Screamin Chicken may still make it to Mt. Hood -- stand by!
    Have him sell a "Co-Driver Experience" on Ebay! We gotta get Shadd into this event!!! Mamasan can you help him out with a snazzy Ebay advertisement?

Quote Originally Posted by XSNRG
    where is cablerhodes?!?...

(Sorry to jack-inside joke from the Damition Sprints-those that were there will giggle, damn charles, I woulda never seen that Avatar---PRICELESS!!! NO???)
    Exactly! Effin' hilarious is it not!?!?

I still say drinking directly from the keg is a hanging offence... Call me old school on that one...

Best regards,

Charles Buren
    G5 Impreza

I dont want to alarm anyone but there may be something to mess up that top three rotory in gr5. The Audi may have to wait, me and the Datsun have a history to overcome with Mt Hood. Besides I would hate to lose my old touch with rear drive.......

If I can get the money together......
    Todd

don't cut

Go Todd, Go Todd, Go Todd...at least one of those rotaries has been smacked down by a Datsun before, ahhh the power of pistons.

I hope this mild weather holds for everyone and an awesome time is had by all.

L3> over crest, drops!

Quote Originally Posted by heymagic
    Go Todd, Go Todd, Go Todd...at least one of those rotaries has been smacked down by a Datsun before, ahhh the power of pistons.

I hope this mild weather holds for everyone and an awesome time is had by all.
    It'd be great to see you out there Todd. The Datsun was looking good at the school a couple of weeks ago..

As far as the mild weather holding...not going to bet on that in third week of October in the Cascades.. If the weather is crappy, the 2wd guys/gals will have their work cut out staying on the road. If not, we could see some quick times from them, but a battle no less.

Hoping it'll be like '04, from damp, to wet, to snowy.. Yup, SNOW..Be prepared for anything. It's snowed a few times in the mountains down here in the last few weeks.

We've been out testing quite a bit lately, and the GC8 is running great. Since this is our "Home event" (until next year), we'll be pushing for a strong result. Mt Hood has always been a good event for us. 5th O/A, 2nd PGT both days in '04, in '06 we're looking for a podium spot O/A and the first top 3 in Open. Just need to keep it clean..LOL

It will be a battle in the top 5 spots.. but who knows who else might join the party...

Very much looking forward to it!

Oh yeah.... Snow. That would be wonderful. In '04, on the turnaround stage (heading back), we got caught in a flurry right after dusk. It was a total white-out with the rally lights on. We lost 1.5 minutes on that stage compared to cars that made it down before us (before dusk, less snow). In-Car video looked like a TV with no antenna attached.

Gene- Which of the rotaries were you referring to? I watched Cable beat up on WRX's at Laughlin last year, and our car has a solid record against Datsuns. Todd DNF'd at Wild West '04 (and Mt. Hood, right?), and we met your car at Doo Wops in the same year, I think. You were taking it easy due to new car and sick navi (who used one of my motion sickness patches).

I say bring on the Datsuns! It looks better to say you took 2nd place when there are a few cars behind you....

I'd say you have a good shot at your podium, Barrett!

Doug

C'mon, that snow was AWESOME! Doug, I was further back than you, but I didn't seem to have the white-out problem that you did.

Hey, here's a thought: get some better lights! Mine have high beam-low beam, so I get a good spread of lights without getting blinded.

Hm. I don't think I can trash talk, I'm just pace. However, I will totally be looking forward to informally keeping track of my times and comparing them to the last time I ran those roads.

Snow ball fight on the turn-around, anyone?