• erik

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • brian (you pick which one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mike (you pick which one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • crc female

Votes: 5 26.3%

who's going to the emergency room next!?!

30K views 120 replies 28 participants last post by  granthughes 
#1 · (Edited)
planned operations don't count.

first one to get injured in some random crc event is prefered, but will accept as an example something like: working on rally car and loose a finger.

event injury at a rally doesn't count, just because you can't drive and launch a 300ft cliff doesn't make you a winner of this contest.

this thread will continue until someone is injured, bonus points are awarded in the form of beer if you do it on labor day.

edit: MITCH WINS!!!

#94 ·
"You totally did! WTF?"

Alright its back on - I didnt really turn it off was just working in the backcountry and didnt have coverage. Anyway I heard you only got sprayed in the eye a little. Do you need an eye patch? The other guys were faring well when I went down there tonight. Awesome work they are doing!

I could freeze a lot of warts with that contraption they are using.

#95 ·
Man that was a lot of fun, cold fun, but fun. If you've ever used a wire wheel on seam glue or the bottom of the car 'sprayed on protection' you'd appreciate the LN. Not as thorough as acid dipping would be, but doesn't remove all the paint either and most of the seams are pretty much ready for seam welding. Will be building my own death ray in the coming weeks so that we can do more shells in the future. About $275 for a 180L tank, which I think could do a whole car if prep work was done and ready to go as soon as it gets delivered. We lost half of a tank over night due to a leaky pressure release valve and probably lost another half tank to a hose with two leaking spots. Learned a ton about doing it and really not very hard to do it and remain safe. No one has any frostbite so I think we were successful.
Video coming soon....

#105 ·
Not really. He lasted like 10 more minutes and he was all confused looking the whole time. And he had to keep riding, that was his only mode of transport. One of the Hakala cousins, Tom, works as a paramedic with Denver General. I always wave now at ambulances. I think rally drivers would make great ambulance drivers.

#106 ·
I think rally drivers would make great ambulance drivers.
I'm picturing Grant driving an ambulance in the snow thru a parade of people like in the Group B days...only nobody's trying to see if they can touch the ambulance. LOL

#116 ·
I think I actually wiffed the ball lefty and tripped up on the ball with my right and went down. I remember hitting the ground hard but popped right back up and kept playing. Swelling is going down and I think everything is just sprained. Elbow took the worst of it. May have even popped out of socket a bit. I dislocated it years ago and it's always been weak since. If you think of a clock and you usually have about 25 minutes worth of elbow movement. I have 3-4 minutes now. I convinced myself last night that it might even be partially dislocated but I think I was just tired as I don't think my pain threshold is that high. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.