Special Stage Forums banner

Tentative Chattanooga Region Rally X

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  rallyfreak202 
#1 ·
Gentlefolks:

Ken Blain, Bill Perry, and myself checked out an excellent site that is a former rock quarry off of Route 11 west of Lookout Mountain. Ken and I had a great time turning donuts and getting the rear end loose on the site. Bill just got stuck (on a side road, not the venue).

We are working the details right now. The site has real potential as a rally sprint site as well.

Look to coming up the second weekend of April if everything works out. You will not be disappointed. More as events develop.

Wilson

#3 ·
Brian:

We need all the folks we can get to work on the site prior to running on APRIL 13 (SATURDAY). We are still finalizing the deal but it is a 95% go at this point. We are sending in the sanction by Friday. We will not be getting a sanction for the speedway as a back-up, as we would need to front money to the owner, and that money instead will be going to the new folks, who have a much better site, with much better long term potential.

My suggestion is to have a clean up/prep day on Sunday, April 7, 2002, which would include an initial course layout/prep. We, of course, want you to participate. Additionally, having run the mid-south autocross program, I am a firm beleiver of delegation of responsibility for getting the event up and going . . . there is simply too much to do for one, or even two people.

As to the 850, it is still in my driveway. It will turn over, but will not run for any significant amount of time (like maybe 5 seconds) before it dies. Turns out that I broke the plastic frame thingy that holds the radiator, headlights, etc. Plus, I broke some kind of sensor down by the computer brain between it and the front headlight. I think this may be the problem. I'm working on it.

Wilson

#4 ·
Wilson,

Great idea, with 1 exception: Our autocross is scheduled to be on Sunday, April 7. You will lose many of your potential clean-up crew workforce to the event. How 'bout Saturday 6th? Any other day between now 'n' then?

Where's the site? I'd love to take a look.

Brian Flanagan:7

#6 ·
Only reason I proposed Sunday is that my old man is coming in from Baltimore for the weekend (with step-mom) to see my child, and leaves Sunday a.m. It will be the only time I have free during the weekend.

Site is off of Route 11. You can't get into it without a key for the padlock (although Ken Blain knows a secret way in, but he is not telling).

Wilson

#13 ·
Wow, thanks for the offer 13 years late. Don't mind that Lamemandingham response. As it stands, we may have some rally car events coming up in 2016. Hang tight, and we may need your help.

Regards,

Wilson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.