LSPR releases Alternate Event Schedule [Archive] - SpecialStage Forums

: LSPR releases Alternate Event Schedule

JTYooper
10-12-2013, 02:54 PM
The 2013 running of the Lake Superior Performance Rally has reverted to a plan B schedule due to the Federal Government partial shutdown. Friday's stages have been revised.

There are still plenty of spectator viewing opportunities and a new spectator guide is available for download. There may be a possibility of reverting back to the original LSPR stage schedule if the government resumes operation. We will know more by Wednesday, Oct 16th.

Saturday's event schedule is unchanged from the original plan.

press release - LSPR releases alternate event schedule (http://www.rally-america.com/news/entry/lake-superior-performance-rally-releases-alternate-event-schedule)

(edit: removed link to revised Spec Guide, as there appears to be errors in it.)

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

psychorallyfreak
10-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Page 2, the maps have different stage numbers. Left map showing Friday/Saturday shows different numbering than the Right map showing only Saturday's. Is there something I'm missing?

jimmy
10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, remember, things are still a work in progress.

Original plan was 8 stages Fri and 8 stages Sat. New, government idiocy schedule has 9 stages on Fri - so there might be 2 SS9s (one on Fri and one on Sat) that need to be sorted out.

Don't get your panties in a wad - just think if you were an organizer...

Thanks organizers !

No thanks Washington DC !!!

Page 2, the maps have different stage numbers. Left map showing Friday/Saturday shows different numbering than the Right map showing only Saturday's. Is there something I'm missing?

press on,

JTYooper
10-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I just noticed that after printing it myself. I *think* the map on the left reflects the revised stage numbers for both days, and the map on the right is the original stage numbers for Saturday only. I am sure there will be correct spectator guides available at the rally itself.

edit: Yup, that is what I thought. Revised stage schedule is on the website, including link to PDF file.

http://www.lsprorally.com/competitors/itinerary/

psychorallyfreak
10-12-2013, 07:05 PM
My apologies, I should've been more specific. The left map has different stage numbers for Saturday than the right map showing only Saturday's.
I know it's a last-minute Plan B scenario, but I can't help being Pedantic. Plus, it's an attempt to avoid confusion on the part of the Spectators, thusly lowering the stress of the volunteers that have to answer the same question about it.

Pressing on (and preparing for snow)

JTYooper
10-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Good point on the spectators, I am sure a bunch have already downloaded the revised spec guide. I sent a message to the rallymaster, he is going to let Rally America know about the different stage numbers on each map.

edit: testing edit feature