Bringing What I've Got :) [Archive] - SpecialStage Forums

: Bringing What I've Got :)

Smokin Joe
04-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Hello fellow rally enthusiasts! My name is Joe and I've lived all over this great Country, landing me currently in Texas. There has always been a magnatism for going off-road and sliding in mud for me. Speed, outdoors, powerful engines.... Ahhh what's not to like!

Well, this past year's Pike's Peak competition brought a very influential person around here into view. Ms. Brianne Corn had a beat up STI brought to AWDTuning (my tuner/mechanic) and had the block built along with some other goodies thrown in and then off they went to make history in that thing that had like 300 whp less than the top two cars (who both slid out on the same turn to giver her the win after two days of not letting her catch up). So she wins and I am all amped about rally news hitting so close to here. Then I find out she's working on a course, builds it, and now is hosting rallies there!!

So after viewing the posted page for the event for all of .02 secs, I signed up for my first evet and have been digesting the extra little bits for prep that Imight need before going to rip my front bumper off =D I'll be in street/awd class where most of the contestants are. I'm not worried about winning, shit it's my first time! But I do want to be in a position to improve and perform. Stock 2011 WRX, might be stage 2 by this weekend for the event (I know the course isn't tech, but the cars power/speed will have everything to do with times IMO). So I got a helmet and that's it so far, lol.

Nice to be here! I hope we can all enjoy this great sport together :)

A1337STI
04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
welcome. first event, just have fun :) take it all in. pump up your tires to their max tire inflation possible so you don't debead. (or 40 psi front and rear should be enough)

modernbeat
04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Tires first, then get a skid plate on there. We've been a little tough on a couple oil pans. Not everyone, but some.

See you there.

johnhuebbe
04-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Stock 2011 WRX, might be stage 2 by this weekend for the event (I know the course isn't tech, but the cars power/speed will have everything to do with times IMO). So I got a helmet and that's it so far, lol.

Don't be surprised if you tear off plastic bits from your car. The front clips holding the trim pieces on will take an abuse. Also, don't be surprised if your plastic fender liners get torn out. If you get any bit of accumulation of mud/rocks on your tires that will be enough to have it rub on the liner and pull it out. (just speaking from experience here)

It's a ton of fun and worth the car abuse!!!

jimmy
04-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Remember, engine (other than reliability) is at the bottom of your list.........

Have fun.

Don't mess with Texas.

press on,

Smokin Joe
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Good stuff, thanks guys :) I made a custom skid plate out of some really thick 5052 aluminum so that's covered. not sure how many of those little plastic clips are left, but I just put my last couple replacements in yesterday, lol! I have thought of a quick release for the front bumper, since that's gets worked, but other than that, yeah just going to soak it in and work the track 95% of the day, lol.

BFast
04-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Have fun tomorrow. We won't be there. Keep the wheels down :p you get more runs that way.