New to Rally, But I needs all the help I can get. [Archive] - SpecialStage Forums

: New to Rally, But I needs all the help I can get.

Kane
05-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in love with cars and I decided that I want to get into something new to me. I love the idea of rally and Im going to see my first local one on the 4th. If I enjoy it, I may just have to jump in. It's only 30$ for 2 timed runs at our local course. I know the regulations of our local track but I would like to know some Websites that have a lot of useful info. And I would like to know what would be good to start out with car wise, and what i should do to it first. I'm not loaded in money but If I enjoy it I'm willing to put a good bit of $ towards it. I've found a AWD Legacy on craigslist for a great price and I need to know what would be the smartest thing to start out with.

Thanks, Kane. and yes I know the S doesn't need to be in "needs."

rallydave
05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the looney bin Kane. Are you talking rally or rallycross. Am guessing rallycross based on your description of 2 runs at your local course. If so, you can take your daily driver and not need to buy anything for the time being. After you get familiar with the sports and the differences in events you might want to move to purchasing a car but, that's months to years away. Rallycross has classes for all types of cars so you don't need an AWD car. As to websites, you might start out with rally-america.com and read the rules which are published on line. Also, read the stickies on Special Stage and puruse all of the forums here as there is a lot of good information thruout Special Stage. Once you get thru all the initial information for those questions that you don't find answers to, bring them on here.

First understand what you are getting into and what makes up rally and rallycross, then maybe start looking for a car. Hope this helps as a start.

Kane
05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the help, I'm trying to start small and not rush it. I'll go to the track a few times with my old daily driven crx so I can get the feel of it.