Special Stage Forums banner

Peltor helmet - SFI certified?

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mykr 
#1 ·
I know it's not SNELL rated but it is BS342blahblahblah rated.

Is it SFI rated at all?

#5 ·
The reason I ask is that for autocross (typically I race a shifter kart and I've got a dedicated helmet for that but sometimes I co-drive people's cars and don't like to wear a full face inside a car) and SCCA Solo2 board only recognizes SNELL and SFI ratings. For their Rallycross series, they recognize the BS approval which is strange but it's two different groups making up the rules.

I've requested a review/revision of the rules to include the BS ratings but it might take a while to decide.

I guess I use my stinky Simpson open face for autocross if I run a cage...

#7 ·
CARS also just updated their rally-x helmet spec to SA2000 and added the helmets already allowed for stage rally. Imagine being able to finally use my Peltor for rally-x. :)

My Peltor open face just says BS6658:85 A/FR and Euro E22-02. Are you talking about the FIA 8860 helmet standard or the 8858 HANS approved helmet standard? The 8860 uber helmets are pricey -- we're talking $3K or more. FIA themselves recognize FIA, SFI, SA, and BS.

#8 ·
On some safety items, you can request extra certification stickers (I am not kidding).

For example, if you buy Willans harnesses from UK, you can request either just FIA label or FIA and SFI labels.

Might be worth asking around the helmet mfrs if they are SFI certified but lack the label if bought directly from EU.

#13 ·
I've already brought that up with Doug Gill of the SCCA. He was supposed to bring it up for discussion of 2007 rules.

SCCA Rallycross allows Brit standard helmets so it should be logical that ALL SCCA sanctioned motorsports should allow these standards.

If I find out anything more, I'll post up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.