RallySprints 10 11 03 [Archive] - SpecialStage Forums

: RallySprints 10 11 03

maximumattack
09-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Registration is now open for the RallyPark NorthEast RallySprints (3 X Co-1) on 10/11/03. There is a limit of 35 Entries. All information will be posted on: www.rallyparknortheast.com

Each RallySprint will be on a unique stage configuration, which will be run in both directions.

A RallyCross will follow on Sunday, 10/12/03, with a discount for cars that competed in the RallySprints. There will be a greater discount to workers from the Rally.

If you have questions, please call 631-723-3272

akuhner
10-03-2003, 05:44 AM
This is going to be a great event with lots of season points available. And we'll be using a few new roads.

Alex

akuhner
10-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, I was out at RPNE yesterday working on the roads and it looks like it's going to be fun! We opened up another 3 or so miles of new roads, including some very fast, and some very technical roads. I'm jealous of those running the rally sprint since I won't get to do those roads at speed in my street car... Some of the stages will be over 3 miles, so seat time will be plentyful. Also, the points available here could really shoot someone up the ladder in the NER series...

Alex

gilfeather
10-13-2003, 06:07 AM
A big thank you and congratulations to the organizers of this event. The course, mileage and speeds available were more than I had anticipated. This is one of the best Rally workouts available and is great practice for driver, co-driver communications. The corners come every few seconds and most can't be seen in advance. This was our first event with a new car and we were able to fully test all components (except 4th gear, too chicken).

If events could be established on a regular schedule this venue could turn out to be a fantastic addition to the NE rally scene.

Thanks to all who helped make this event a success. Now we just need to get better advertising and turnout.

maximumattack
10-14-2003, 07:54 PM
We are glad you enjoyed it. To all those who scoff at RallySprints, they should try and challenge these stages. Our Sprints are really more like a stage rally, without the transits and remote service requirements. For more info www.rallyparknortheast.com
A big thank you to all the workers, participants, and well behaved spectators. We are planning to do it again Nov 8. -andrew