Nediv Schedule? [Archive] - SpecialStage Forums

: Nediv Schedule?

Tommyguns
08-19-2003, 11:34 AM
So where do we stand? is Great North Woods on or off? Main Winter?

No Black River sucks enough without loosing anymore.

Whats the deal

Lancia037Rally
08-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Don't know for sure but heard from 2 usually reliable sources, although neither are on the GNW organizing committee, that it ain't going to happen.

Mike Mc
08-19-2003, 02:30 PM
I believe the rumors of the death of GNW are greatly exaggerated. From what I see, much effort is being expended to run this nice event this fall. Stay tuned...

jprowland
08-19-2003, 08:02 PM
As of Maine the outlook for GNW was not good, but Ted Goddard and Marc Goldfarb are organizing it and they are known for pulling through in a pinch. So I'd give a 75% chance that it will run. Maine Winter is almost certainly still on, also Ted G.

Based on past experience, both these rallies will have zero publicity until 2 weeks before it starts. No news is good news!

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Co-driver, #896 Audi 4000 Quattro turbo, Open
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland

Nick
08-20-2003, 03:34 AM
I know from talking with Ted that he is busting his ass to try and pull off GNW, but he needs HELP! So if you want to see this event happen, give him an email and see how you can help!

Nick Collins
www.teamoneil.com
www.camelbak.com
www.poohfarm.com

Carlos Lopez
08-20-2003, 04:21 AM
Guys, How about comming down to Cherokee Trails? Cheap, one day event, podium start, one service area for the whole event, plenty accomodations, great "technical" rally, rubber trees, the Pirelli girls, Fox Sports coverage.:P Okay, I made the last 3 up, but nevertheless it will be a good event to attend.

Hope to see you there!

Carlos

JD Ackley
08-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Cherokee sounds great but it conflicts with Defi. Every event seems to conflict with another, Tall Pines and Sandblast, Charlevoix and GNW, I mean come on now!!! Can't we all just get along?

jprowland
08-25-2003, 09:52 AM
There are just so many rallies on the east coast that you can't avoid a conflict [img src="http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif"]

--

Adrian Wintle
08-26-2003, 03:55 AM
>There are just so many rallies on the east coast that you
>can't avoid a conflict

Not only that, but a lot of event dates are govened by factors that are not controlled by the organizers. For instance, Tall Pines is slotted in between hunting season and winter (at least, the road-burying bit of winter) :).

Adrian

jprowland
08-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Why don't we have anything in the early part of the year? Other than a couple distant Canadian events, there's nothing from early december until Sawmill in May, a 30-mile C2 event. No C3 or better until Maine in Jul/Aug.

Surely someone could organize some awesome winter rallies in Jan-Mar. Roads that would otherwise be unusable in the summer (too wide, asphalt, too highly traveled etc.) become perfect winter rally roads. Maine Winter is fun, but there's just not enough snow--too much ice and the snowbanks aren't packed enough to bounce off :)

--

daphne
08-26-2003, 09:54 AM
too much ice and the snowbanks aren't packed enough to bounce off

Ah, but that's what makes it a perfect warm up for Sno*Drift! ;-)

Adrian Wintle
08-26-2003, 10:13 AM
>Why don't we have anything in the early part of the year?
>Other than a couple distant Canadian events, there's nothing
>from early december until Sawmill in May, a 30-mile C2
>event. No C3 or better until Maine in Jul/Aug.

I know one of the reasons that there aren't events between the winter rallies (Quebec, Perce Neiges) and early summer (Black Bear) in eastern Canada is that the roads need time to dry out and harden, which typically takes a lot of the spring. If we don't give them that time they cut up badly which can substantially increase the road repair costs (and makes the rallying less enjoyable).

>Surely someone could organize some awesome winter rallies in
>Jan-Mar. Roads that would otherwise be unusable in the
>summer (too wide, asphalt, too highly traveled etc.) become
>perfect winter rally roads. Maine Winter is fun, but there's
>just not enough snow--too much ice and the snowbanks aren't
>packed enough to bounce off :)

Quebec/Perce Neiges/Sno*Drift are all reasonable distances from the NE and can be used as OOD events. All are awesome winter rallies, even when the weater fails to cooperate. A late February event somewhere where the snow is guaranteed to be would be interesting, though. Once you get to March there is a high likelyhood of an early thaw.

Adrian