Whao what a welcome from Vanlandingham ! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whao what a welcome from Vanlandingham !

Default RE: Whao what a welcome from Vanlandingham !

No worries Thomas.

I bought the Colt on Johns recomendation, and I trust his opinion !

Now since you obviously have too much time on your hands living in Island paradise, hydroponically growing tomatoes or something, why not do something useful ?

Like go down to Fulford Harbour and watch the ferry arrive and depart !

:P

2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

>"Hey I don't know if you have electricty up there in the
    >islands av Wilda Västra Kanada or if you have steam power
    >Inter-net with drip drop connction"
    >
    >Hilarious !
    >
    >You've got me in tears.
    >
    >If you only apply half as much creativity to your suspenders
    >as you do to your writing, I'm sure you have a winning product
    >!

You know it's like that non-stop around the Ford Asylum sometimes known as home.
    >
    >And before I forget - seems like I owe the mainlander Morten,
    >and apology for calling his car crap.

No, I've explained the same thing about all cars being crap, he understands.
    But the point is, if they're all crap and only the best come up to old 1980s Jap Trailbike levels of performance, then they better be cheap fun.
    And that's the level of performance and reliability I want club cars to have.
    >
    >Berkeley 1971... palm trees, free love era, touring in a vw
    >micro bus, rolling "cigarettes", Van Morrison at the Avalon...
    >Damn if I was only born earlier.

Geeeezus, reminding me of driving up Hiway 101 in a VW POS Bus, me at the wheel listening to Clapton's Laylah just about sun-up driving thru the Redwood Forest around the Russian River, bus owners and the dog that ate my hat snoring in the back.
    Can't remember their names, but they shared what they had while we were together.
    Man 35 years can flash past so quick it ain't funny.
    Berkely (Berzerk-ly), LA (I swear in the house that was the prototype for "Delta House" in Animal House, only above the door of "Ellis Island" was DKA (Droppa Kappa Acid)(we thad three pharmacuetical majors in the house, one has worked with the famous Mr Owsley, Can you say Orange Sunshine and Purple Haze???); SantaCruz (Insanity-cruise), Stockholm, later London in the late late 70s.
    I'm serious, if most people had half the drugs, sex and cheap thrills I had by time I was 30, they'd DIE!!!
    And that's when I was serious about Professionl racing!!!

You should have seen it when I came back to the States and went to Evergreen College in the early 80s.
    It was a combination of Rodney Dangerfield in some silly movie where he goes back to college and Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
    It was only the Professors who could keep up with what one called the "very personal, very fast and highly allusive writing" ( I told them that the style of watercolors or Chinese and Japanese calligraphy where it insired word quickly rendered mostly to 'suggest' an idea or a feeling was my intention)
    And now all these years later, finally settling down to a serious domestic peace and becoming a real live honest to goodness Daddy-O for the first time (14 hours after arriving in China!!!Just in time Fatherhood!).

Ain't life amazing?!

John "Daddy-O" Vanlandingham
    Seattle, WA. 98168

janvanvurpa (at) f4 (dot) ca

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
    Vive Le Groupe F!

Hey Morten, I deserved the dig and I appreciate your sarcastic sense of humour.

Say once you get the Colt back from John, you should come over to Saltspring and check out the gravel road going up to Mt. Maxwell. If you do come, I'd like to check out the Colt that John built.

However, Saltspring has a very good climate. Therefore indoor hydroponics are not necessary is one was to say grow tomatoes, oregano, thyme, or ignoring all those pesky weeds and letting them grow until they bud.

Speaking of buds... it sounds like you John had a very memorable time in California in the early 1970's. Yup you've lived the life, ever thought of doing an autobiography and marketing it to Grassroots Motorsport enthusiasts ?

Hate to cut this one short, but the fire in the wood stove needs another log. Ahhh the stress free lifestyle of island living.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Thomas, quite ironically one of the people who'll take turns in my right seat lives on Saltspring.

I have been up to Mt. Maxwell a few times, both by car, and rented Yamaha Riva Scooters. It's not eactly a road that suits "rally practise fun", it's public, and has many blind corners. Perhaps a jaunt up there in the middle of the night where one can see on coming headlights, but that'd be about it for my interest (observing posted limits of course).

Yeah the car will be on Saltspring, certain members or the Fire Department (on Saltspring)have heard a lot about the car and are interested in seeing it run.

I'll let you know when it leave the "Asylum".

Just as an FYI: the Dodge Colt was also called the Mitsubishi Mirage in the states, and was available in the 80's in a 1.6l turbo version. The mirage was released overseas as in a 4 door sedan called the Lancer Fiore, I am not sure if the hatchback also carried the moniker "Lancer" overseas like the sedan did.

I owned one, can't recall the year, but it was the 1.5l NA 4-speed and it was the slowest car I have ever owned, but it was great in the snow!

"but it was the 1.5l NA 4-speed and it was the slowest car I have ever owned"

I'm pretty sure that the 2393cc engine with dual 48mm Weber down drafts, custom made header, and re-valved head will make this Colt a little faster than a stock 1.5, but with me behind the wheel, one never knows.

>Just as an FYI: the Dodge Colt was also called the Mitsubishi
    >Mirage in the states, and was available in the 80's in a 1.6l
    >turbo version. The mirage was released overseas as in a 4 door
    >sedan called the Lancer Fiore, I am not sure if the hatchback
    >also carried the moniker "Lancer" overseas like the sedan
    >did.

Only the name was the same, Mortens car has a MASSIVE forged steel crank bigger than a small block Chevvy, a bold that make a Volvo block look spindly, and its rear wheel drive.
    And funner than sheet.
    The 80s thing were flimsy tint short torque steering dumpy fwd junk crap.
    Mercifully they died like dogs.
    >
    >I owned one, can't recall the year, but it was the 1.5l NA
    >4-speed and it was the slowest car I have ever owned, but it
    >was great in the snow!
    Only because it had only 6-7 bhp, the turbos in the snow were BAD.

John Vanlandingham
    Seattle, WA. 98168

janvanvurpa (at) f4 (dot) ca

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
    Vive Le Groupe F!

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Stroke Fun View Post
    "Hey I don't know if you have electricty up there in the islands av Wilda Västra Kanada or if you have steam power Inter-net with drip drop connction"

Hilarious !

You've got me in tears.

If you only apply half as much creativity to your suspenders as you do to your writing, I'm sure you have a winning product !

And before I forget - seems like I owe the mainlander Morten, and apology for calling his car crap.

Berkeley 1971... palm trees, free love era, touring in a vw micro bus, rolling "cigarettes", Van Morrison at the Avalon... Damn if I was only born earlier.
    What is rolling cigarette, i don't have any idea about that. i am new here. wanna be a part of your community. so please make me easy about that. hope you will response me.

It is "cigarette".

Hint - Colorado & Washington (the state).

ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Efiraboys View Post
    What is rolling cigarette, i don't have any idea about that. i am new here. wanna be a part of your community. so please make me easy about that. hope you will response me.
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    It is "cigarette".

Hint - Colorado & Washington (the state).

ymmv

press on,
    Yeah but way back then say prior to 1978 its was all rag-weed, stems and sticks and dirt clods. May as well have been cigarettes (ya know the ones with tobacco)..
    What a blast from the past bumping a thread from almost 9 years ago..

Are you a real person Efiraboys? Google shows: About 118,000 results (0.55 seconds) with profiles all over the world...

And that address shows
    We were not able to locate the address:
    "364 Angie Drive Anaheim, CA "

Would you like to:

Get a map of Anaheim, CA
    Find businesses matching "364 Angie Drive near Anaheim, CA
    Are you a bot or a troll?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696