Special Stage Forums banner

Seattly Rally!

874 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Unit562 
#1 ·
Whats up guys!

I'm currently in Seattle, enjoying the massive amount of motorsports that the area has to offer. The Ridge in Shelton is by far my favorite track I've ever raced on in the country, not that I've raced on a ton of tracks though. Oddly enough, I love road course racing all motor civics. They might sound like dookie but power to weight ratio, throttle repose, and power band all make them amazingly fun cars to go all out in on a track. Not to mention they're dirt cheap, I got my current for *free* with a built D16Z6.

I'd have to say my favorite rally period was definitely group 4, and my favorite car had to be the Fiat 131 Abarth rally.

As for rally experience, I've gone through 3 Subaru's now all broken to Rally. My first experience was with my moms 2013 Outback, when she bought it new I had to go out and see what Subaru was all about. After about 3k miles on rally courses in Colorado "illegally" I was hooked. After I moved up here from College in Texas, I bought a 2004 Legacy Wagon that I ended up breaking the transmission mounts in the sub-frame. It was all bolt-ons and home done tuning, but the car did really well. I just recently broke a 1985 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon that I've been keeping alive for the past year and a half. I found it for $500 and too this day continue to break everything on it. It's currently parked due to a bad wheel hub and top end on the EA82. I still have yet to participate in an actual event, but so far just going out to the trails and practicing is good fun, especially with the 1985 GL as the front is locking and the rear is LSD.

I recently got my fiance interested in driving rally as an amature driver. We're currently looking for a car to build her while I finish the CRAZY all motor D16Z6 I'm working on. We're currently waiting to be able to purchase an AEM standalone so we can go coil-on-plug and ITB's.

That's all I got for an intro, I'll see y'all out there!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.