HI!... I WANNA RALLYYYYYYYYYY
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HI!... I WANNA RALLYYYYYYYYYY

Default HI!... I WANNA RALLYYYYYYYYYY

Eric from MN

I need to rally.... or I'm going to go nuts.... I already drive way to fast down gravel roads, I have done couple rally-x's and it's just not the same with cones.

I want to do a stage rallye but I have so many questions about rules and car construction.... the local subaru pages are very harsh and sarcastic to new people.

I was planning on racing my 93 Legacy SS that has half a cage in it right now but being turbo complicates things but it's already interior stripped has the brake lines ran inside the car and has half a cage with the front bit cut out. I'm not sure if I should finish the cage and instal the restrictor plates and run anti-lag or if I should maybe buy like a Focus or Fiest or Impreza RS, something you can get a bolt in cage for and start from scratch...

I have tons of questions about building the cage, the rules regarding brakes, the seat and mounting rules... hell I don't even know where the pace notes come from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Hey Eric, where in MN are you located? I live in Thief river falls, and my name is Erik haha. You should start off by reading the Rally America and/or American Rally Association rulebooks. Rally America also has a .pdf with cage specs on their site.
    http://www.rally-america.com/rules
    https://www.americanrallyassociation.org/2017-rules

Other than the rulebooks your best bet is to search the forums for any other questions you might have. RallyAnarchy.com and DIRally.com both have tons of helpful info. As for building a cage, I'd highly recommend having someone with experience do it. Look up Rallyworx on FB and get in touch with them. They're located in MN, they do great work and they back it up with top notch customer service! They can also build you a car to your liking and/or help you find any parts you need.

+ Reply to Thread