RNY Rallysprint: more entries please!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RNY Rallysprint: more entries please!

People's Republik of Cambridge & Malpais Costa Rica

Default RNY Rallysprint: more entries please!

Kind of a low turn out so far, how about a few more entries? This is last day for early entry fee.

I really do not want to get sprayed with Champagne again, the dry cleaning bills are bustin my rally budget.....

Come on people this will be a great event for NEFR shakedown.

Cheers
    "What would Steve Zissou do?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Default re:

Black Box rally team will be there! PAWD class looks like it's gonna be a riot!
    Alvin Fong
    Black Box rally team

Our blog: www.blackboxrally.com
    Find us on facebook: facebook.com/blackboxrally

these roads will certainly beat the piss out of your car. I'm not sure though that even if you finish #1 that you'll get your entry money back, and $495 just seems to high of a cost for what you're getting with this event to me, $10/mile plus the cost to get there and back, no exposure/spectators, it really is just a shakedown type event.
    Like us on Facebook! - ReEngineered Racing
    www.reengineeredracing.com
    1989 Audi 90 Open AWD

I love the rallysprint format. It baffles me that more people are not taking advantage. Yes, cost per mile may be high, but consider that you can do a 50-mile event in ONE day, including recce and minimal transits. Heck, you can leave home on Friday and return Saturday, instead of having to take three days (or more) away from work for a big event. For the budget racer it's a winner format and I don't understand why more people don't sign up. I'll be there!
    JFerreira
    '91 Golf GTi, G2

Quote Originally Posted by rallytime View Post
    I love the rallysprint format. It baffles me that more people are not taking advantage. Yes, cost per mile may be high, but consider that you can do a 50-mile event in ONE day, including recce and minimal transits. Heck, you can leave home on Friday and return Saturday, instead of having to take three days (or more) away from work for a big event. For the budget racer it's a winner format and I don't understand why more people don't sign up. I'll be there!

I think the opposite. If im going to spend the time and effort packing travelling, it damn well better be worth it. More miles the better.

People's Republik of Cambridge & Malpais Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    these roads will certainly beat the piss out of your car. I'm not sure though that even if you finish #1 that you'll get your entry money back, and $495 just seems to high of a cost for what you're getting with this event to me, $10/mile plus the cost to get there and back, no exposure/spectators, it really is just a shakedown type event.
    This post is so filled with fail....
    "What would Steve Zissou do?"

Quote Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
    I think the opposite. If im going to spend the time and effort packing travelling, it damn well better be worth it. More miles the better.
    So you get 20 or 30 more miles from a good club event that takes a long weekend, or twice the distance from an event that costs twice as much and takes twice as many days. Certainly something to think about. I think it is a good price point in the Northeastern rally market and shouldn't be discounted.
    5. Derringers

Groff, get a real car and don't hit trees .

Quote Originally Posted by RadioRobert View Post
    Groff, get a real car and don't hit trees .
    not sure where that comment is aimed at Robert. this event was great last fall as a shakedown for my car and first event for me. the roads were knowingly beat up from Irene even with the great work the crews did ahead of time, perhaps there are some improvements for this summer event but even if not they're rally roads, it wasn't a complaint, just a statement. No trees yet thank goodness.

my original post didn't serve to put down, just provide my opinion, there is little variation in the roads you race and the cost is high for me to drag the car from VT for a 1 day event. It costs me less total to haul to WV and race HyperFest where there are 10k people and lots of other things going on as well.
    Like us on Facebook! - ReEngineered Racing
    www.reengineeredracing.com
    1989 Audi 90 Open AWD

Angry

Of course, if some of you don't find the RNY Sprint to be cost effective or too rough for your tastes you could see what happens on the other side and work the event.
    Don't wait until you're old and grey like me to finally pay back for your fun.
    Worker registration opens at 7AM Saturday.
    JimB
    Rally drivers go in sideways and come out screaming!

+ Reply to Thread