Malware warning - Chrome browser - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: Malware warning - Chrome browser

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Michigan.
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    Still getting Norton messages today.

    Also, different banner ads.........

    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Elma, Washington.
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    No issues this time today...lots of different banner ads...dating service, laundry soap, keystone kidtopia. Sandblast and rallyGrafix did cycle thru also. Oddly now that I think about seems like there was an ad for our local chevy dealer last nite? Now that would be wierd.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Where are you seeing ads for dating services and laundry soap? I was under the impression that the only ads we have are for the people that bought them, vendors and such.

    Oh there is an ad box on the right there I see now. George can you get rid of that? I only want to see sponsor ads for a while to make sure things are clean.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Michigan.
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    Top of the page Jim - directly under the SS header.

    Back to correct now, but yesterday was really wonkey. Thought maybe the Pirate was getting ready for 100AW..........

    You might have been under that impression, but that's not what we were seeing !

    btw - thanks for the work you all do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Where are you seeing ads for dating services and laundry soap? I was under the impression that the only ads we have are for the people that bought them, vendors and such.

    Oh there is an ad box on the right there I see now. George can you get rid of that? I only want to see sponsor ads for a while to make sure things are clean.
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    I see them now, yep. George needs to get that crap outta here.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA.
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Kaspersky is silent and happy today so it looks like yesterday's Trojan is gone. I am seeing the Rally Graphix and Sandblast banner ads but am also seeing ones for half.com, ITT Tech, and Asian girls dating services. But perhaps that last one was supposed to be there?
    Kent Gardam - KD8MRR

    this is rally, and it's not supposed to be easy....Eric Burmeister, 2009

    In my opinion, rallying could stand a bit less posturing and circus and a bit more backbone....Phil Barnes, aging co-driver

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA.
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Kaspersky is silent and happy today so it looks like yesterday's Trojan is gone. I am seeing the Rally Graphix and Sandblast banner ads but am also seeing ones for half.com, ITT Tech, and Asian girls dating services. But perhaps that last one was supposed to be there?
    Interesting. Because i have had no issues on SS until today and norton kicks me off every Tim I link directly to the forum and gives me only a norton screen writing this from my iPhone
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    The google ads are in the banner and that is where you are seeing those weird ones from.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA.
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The google ads are in the banner and that is where you are seeing those weird ones from.
    Jim/George, am providing a screen shot of what Norton is saying about SS. Have avoided the site since I got the warning as while others noted issues in the past, never had any until the last few days. This identifies the virus and the infected posts. Hope you can get this fixed soon.

    Thanks

    Dave

    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA.
    Posts
    891

    Default