Special Stage Forums banner

Malware warning - Chrome browser

16K views 100 replies 32 participants last post by  Don Kennedy 
#1 ·
Anyone getting a website malware warning for specialstage.com? Chrome is saying the site is compromised.

#2 ·
Yup, getting the same thing with Chrome. Google is reporting the following:

What is the current listing status for specialstage.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 7 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-13, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-11-13.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including hgdhd.coom.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS12200 (SLICE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, specialstage.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

#3 ·
Also some strange occurrences in IE9 like not loading and closing on it's own. Also, still having issues with adobe flash not loading on special stage. Have posted before and can't seem to get any response from the moderators or George. Really makes the site hard to use. Wish one of the moderators or George would respond. It has been over a month waiting for help. Only site with the problem has been specialstage.

#4 ·
I'm using Safari on my Mac and just began getting this notification today...Same thing "Caution Will Roger...Caution...This site contains Malware!!"

#6 ·
same here with Firefox
Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.specialstage.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

...:confused:

#10 ·
Sorry guys, I just started seeing the same thing. I scanned the site the only think that is being reported was some Spam in the commetns and classifieds, I removed all of the comments ans spam classifieds. Asked Google for another review to get removed from the blacklist.

thanks
-george

#11 ·
I can explain it in one of two ways-

A. The powers that be have determined that yes, Rally is highly addictive. By fighting the superficial source of the addiction they feel that, like with the drug war, they can start cutting the legs off a growing epidemic.

B. It's a conspiracy. NASCAR is in step two of their four step plan for motorsports domination-
1. Take over SPEED channel
2. Take down Specialstage.com
3. ???
4. Profit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.