1985 Audi 4000 Quattro Rally Car Build - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Audi 4000 Quattro Rally Car Build

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    Sounds good too! what's on there for exhaust? it sounds good, but a bit on the quieter side , stock headers and free after that ? or maybe just a very effective muffler?

after having a few intercom failures, i prefer a very quiet sounding exhaust , on my car. still like everyone else to be loud, lol
    We are running the stock 4000 quattro manifold into 3 inch pipe all the way to the back where we have a 3 inch Borla XR-1 and at the end is a 3 inch race cat.

-Kendal-

Audi 4000 Quattro Rally Car #154 [1(Road) 5(Cylinders) 4(Wheel Drive)]
    https://picasaweb.google.com/kendalw...uattroRallyCar
    "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20

So you are running 2 cats then? is the one at the tail just to make it easier for the working Cat check?

never would have thought of that setup, but it sounds awesome.

i'm guessing (hoping) that your skid plate is off for those pics, and that you have one. lol
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    So you are running 2 cats then? is the one at the tail just to make it easier for the working Cat check?

never would have thought of that setup, but it sounds awesome.

i'm guessing (hoping) that your skid plate is off for those pics, and that you have one. lol
    We are only running one cat at the end of the exhaust, and it the there for cat check, although it probably does not do a lot at the very back.
    Our skid plate is on, it only extends under the engine. We have not found a good way to extend it under the header or the differentials.

-Kendal-

"but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20

4. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Participated in the KCR RallyX#3 at Grain Valley on August 29th.
    My brother and I raced against each other. He was in the rally car and I drove the newly resurrected Turbo 4000 Quattro.
    Had a great day, very nice weather and a great course. My brother won the Modified All Wheel Drive class and placed 10th overall. I was right behind him with 2nd in class and 13th overall. No issues with the rally car and only one small issue with the turbo quattro, the throttle cable came off inside the car and we had to idle our way back to the pits to fix it.
    I am amazed that was the only issue since we only had about 70 miles on the car so far.
    Enjoy the videos and pictures. We may have to turbo the rally car one day, the sound of the turbo is amazing.

More Photos of other cars at
    https://picasaweb.google.com/kendalw...eat=directlink

Last edited by kendalwoolf; 02-20-2017 at 05:47 PM.

-Kendal-

It's cool to see Audi 4k in strong force! I am excited for the day when I get my 4k 20vt back on the road. Nice work! Do you have a compressor recirc valve on the turbo? Not sure if that's compressor stall I'm hearing or waste gate.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfreak202 View Post
    It's cool to see Audi 4k in strong force! I am excited for the day when I get my 4k 20vt back on the road. Nice work! Do you have a compressor recirc valve on the turbo? Not sure if that's compressor stall I'm hearing or waste gate.
    It was fun to have a two car team at the rallycross and we enjoy not being just another Subaru.
    What you are hearing is the wastegate. I do not have a recirculation valve, the intake is stock Audi 5000 right now. I will add a recirculation valve when I change to larger intercooler. After the short rallycross runs the intercooler was very hot so I need to change to something a little more efficient.

-Kendal-

Default Show-Me 2015 Rally Update

Show-Me rally started very well for us this year. We were in a good battle with the other open light cars. We had moved up to 2nd in open light and 3rd overall by the end of stage 6. We started stage 7 which was a repeat of stage 6. We were on pace to set a much faster time on the second trip. We came to a right hand corner with a caution drop on the outside and we believe something happened to our driver's side rear strut that pushed us wide in the corner and over the edge we went. The driver's side front tire caught a large rock and flipped the car and we ended up upside down against a tree on the passenger's side. The tree stopped us from rolling further down the hill but caused significant damage to the car and the cage.
    Travis and I were fine except for a stiff neck and shoulder. The Hans devices work great and the cage in the car worked perfectly.
    The unfortunate part is we are going to have to build a new car. The body of the car is twisted and the cage took a good hit.
    We will keep you posted on the rebuild. We are setting Show-Me 2016 Rally as our first rally back.
    Enjoy the pictures they are still hard to look at for me.

-Kendal-

I'm sorry for your lose and happy all is well for the crew !

Now back to the garage and get to work !

Default The Rebuild Begins

The Rally Rebuild, Second Build Begins.
    Both cars are in the shop, once we cage the new shell we will start to move parts over.
    Upon initial inspection all the motor mounts and transmission mounts on the race car are broken but the engine and transmission look to be in good shape.
    Enjoy the first round of pictures.

-Kendal-

Dang! It was hard to see from the original photos exactly how much of a dent that tree made in the car! Are you still planning on Show Me Rally this year?

Good luck with the re-build!

+ Reply to Thread