What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing?

Who even has an agent anymore?

I had to meet my progressive insurance Agent about repairs to my street car that were not done correctly. I showed up in my caged rally car. My Agent commented about it, something about how it must be hard to get in and out with the roll cage. i just said something like you get used to it.

She gave me a rather disinterested look like "OK, whatever, lets just deal with your car in the shop so i can get on with my day"

I think most policies are written in a way where they can't void/ or alter your policy based upon what you do at a race track, or rented out closed road. but they also don't cover you if you are at a race track and or any timed competition . each company is a bit different.

I did ask the agent if i crashed too much if progressive would drop me, and she said progressive doesn't drop anyone, they just charge you more, if you are willing to pay they are willing to insure.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Quote Originally Posted by bknblk View Post

I just had this nightmare flash through my head. Buy a car on payments. Get full coverage. Build Rally car. Tree falls on house. Agent comes out to look at roof, sees rallycar and goes all #$!@^$%^#%$%&$%#$^%!!!!!!!
    Well wouldn't you feel like a dumbass for not covering your ass then You're really stretching here though, to the point this is a non-issue. Buy the car, insure it, then build it. If you are dumb enough to show your agent/file any sort of claim, well, that falls into the dumbass category as well.

Now, I think the better question is ehat would they do liabilty wise if you ran into something/someone. As far as I can tell, everyone in Alberta is lying to their insurance companies lol.
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Clearly Billy has worked through much/all/some of the M-sport website and taken the plunge.

I'd still be on the fence simply because I don't see information online about what the parts spec actually is, and other important information. To get anyone to buy seems to require a bit of handholding to get through the process.

That's the biggest downfall- they're close to offering a near turnkey product, but don't really market that in such a way that a browsing customer can figure out what that product is without committing to a long winded exchange via email or the telephone.

In my case, it sort of kills the dream and back of the mind planning that sometimes happens when a person sees something nifty and thinks "boy, that'd be cool, how do I get it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morison View Post
    One thing I tell people about their sponsorship pitches is you can really only sell the deliverables that you have full control of and making promises that rely on other people's actions or programs is a recipe for disaster.

If another party (manufacturer/championship) gets you exposure over and above what you directly execute, it needs to be seen as 'bonus' exposure and not a measurable part of your pitch.
    No shit Keith. That was why I said that Ford never publicly stated what their goal was with the series. It now appears their main goal was to get a bunch of publicity following SEMA and not to actually make a valid effort to create a viable series. They're two events in and I've personally seen nothing relating to the Fiesta Cup.
    When you are talking about a 60-80k car and an effort where any sponsorship money is coming in you suddenly are talking about a $150-250k budget per car to run the series at the level required to deliver a return. You are not going to deliver that amount of ROI and thus will never obtain that level of sponsorship without a known quantity of promotion from the series or manufacturer.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

Aren't they still on the hook to send the winner to rally GB ?
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

I'm guessing not since they announced in March that they're not running the Fiesta Cup this year, and instead increased payouts for Ford and non-R2 Fiestas.

Hmmm, if you go here, there in no Ford contingency (but then, it refers to 2010):

http://rally-america.com/contingency.php

Is it hidden somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Eixen View Post
    I'm guessing not since they announced in March that they're not running the Fiesta Cup this year, and instead increased payouts for Ford and non-R2 Fiestas.
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

Yeah...I'm not sure where it can be found first-hand, I just remember seeing it posted on SS:

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...039#post387039

IMO Mazda2 is your best bang for the buck car to run if you're looking at just something like an MS1. Less restriction on contingency money for a similar performing car. Can accept R2 suspension bits easily. Motor/Gearbox needs other work.

Now... if you're looking at doing an R2, or pulling from the Msport parts bin for motor/trans, the Fiesta is the way to go.

But Ford/Mazda + MaxAttack! is your way to go for 2WD.
    Billy Elliot Mann
    Car #37
    1988 VW GTI - Sold!
    1996 Civic - Build thread!
    1992 Civic - Wife's rally car
    Octane Academy Alumni. They found the best driver by having us snowboard and ride ski bikes!

+ Reply to Thread