What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing?

A buddy of mine was making bike payments for like 2-3 years on some new cool street bike. but it had gotten stolen from him after 3 months. no gap / theft insurance. it was pay or bad credit. he paid. eventually the finance company cut him a break and i think dropped his last 6 payments. shit happens, we all have to take a turn.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

What do you do about the required full coverage insurance needed for a car loan? I guess you show the agent the car before you strip it, but man, you'll have some explaining to do if something odd happens...
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Motorsports View Post
    Or you could just get the MS1 kit that was engineered and put together by M-sport instead of having to find and piece everything together.

You can see the full price list and available options here: http://www.fiestams1.com/index.php/c...startdown/106/

MS1 kit comes with the following:
    The Fiesta MS1 conversion kit compromises of Roll Cage Kit, Bonnet
    & Boot Pin Kit, Exhaust Rear Silencer, Engine and Gearbox Mount
    Support Kit, Sparco Steering Wheel and Fitting Kit, Uprated Brake
    Pads, Braided Brake Pipe Kit, Uprated Damper Kit with Eibach
    springs, front and rear. Basic Auxiliary wiring loom kit, Fuel
    Ancillary Kit (Rollover Valve, Fuel Pipes and fittings), Interior Panel
    Kit (Door panels and inner rear panels and fittings), Competition
    Seats and 6pt Q/R Harness Kit, Plumbed In and Hand Held Fire
    Extinguisher System, Spare Wheel Ratchet Strap Kit, Co-Driver
    Footrest Kit, Protection Kit (Tank Guard & Fuel Filler Protection),
    6mm Sumpguard Kit, 4 x OZ 6.5 x 15 Wheels.

All of that for 7500 GBP and you would only need First Aid Kit, Spill Kit, and tires to run.
    Yeah, no doubt a good and sorted package. However, the only thing on that kit that's really "fitted" for the car is the suspension. The rest of the parts you could source for cheaper considering it's just changing stock pads/shoes, etc.

Maybe the real thing is that Ford needs to work back a "Spec Fiesta" which is pretty much the R1 kit. Still allows payouts, maybe throw in a championship.

I do see that eventually I will be doing 2WD in a Fiesta, just needs to be a time when there is good aftermarket support and cheap bodies that makes sense to move away from my Honda.
    Billy Elliot Mann
    Car #37
    1988 VW GTI - Sold!
    1996 Civic - Build thread!
    1992 Civic - Wife's rally car
    Octane Academy Alumni. They found the best driver by having us snowboard and ride ski bikes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Is there any news on the Ecoboost,turbo 1.6L showing up in North America?

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/new...ation-challen/

The way it sits right now^,I think the Mini sponsored team with the club racer or track series car will be the fastest.If there was a turbo version available I'd have good look at trying to put a car together for it.But the 170HP and the gearing/top speed would be pretty slow.
    Last edited by pauln; 08-02-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    Targa Newfoundland
    Car #1030 2008.
    Car #830 2009. Class 8 Win.
    Car #002 2010.

March 2010?

Do they have it in Europe yet?
    Targa Newfoundland
    Car #1030 2008.
    Car #002 2010.

I've spotted several ecoboost Fiestas driving around the Detroit area. They're putting the miles on them.

HOWEVER, it's a G5 car we're talking about. They'll be in a small class, almost by themselves, if someone builds one. Unless you run National 2WD.
    Billy Elliot Mann
    Car #37
    1988 VW GTI - Sold!
    1996 Civic - Build thread!
    1992 Civic - Wife's rally car
    Octane Academy Alumni. They found the best driver by having us snowboard and ride ski bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Elliot View Post
    I've spotted several ecoboost Fiestas driving around the Detroit area. They're putting the miles on them.

HOWEVER, it's a G5 car we're talking about. They'll be in a small class, almost by themselves, if someone builds one. Unless you run National 2WD.
    I was asking/talking about for Targa Newfoundland,New Generation Challenge.....1.6L engines and under,turbo or not.
    Targa Newfoundland
    Car #1030 2008.
    Car #002 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by bknblk View Post
    What do you do about the required full coverage insurance needed for a car loan? I guess you show the agent the car before you strip it, but man, you'll have some explaining to do if something odd happens...

Who is showing anyone their car to buy street car insurance? I think the idea is you eat the payments and don't make an insurance claim on a vehicle used for racing which would null and void street car insurance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyTaco View Post
    Who is showing anyone their car to buy street car insurance? I think the idea is you eat the payments and don't make an insurance claim on a vehicle used for racing which would null and void street car insurance anyway.
    Well YMMV of course, in my experience, but just liablity insurance= no look over/ all phone or online. Full coverage = take it to the agent, even took pictures. I see the agents point; How else would they know that the cars not a crumbled up mess, massive hail damage etc. and you (NOT RALLY CAR, MIND YOU) then wait 6 months and file a big claim?

I just had this nightmare flash through my head. Buy a car on payments. Get full coverage. Build Rally car. Tree falls on house. Agent comes out to look at roof, sees rallycar and goes all #$!@^$%^#%$%&$%#$^%!!!!!!!
    Tony
    KC0VSL
    Oskar-the Citation.

"It ain't what a man Don't know that hurts Him, Near as much as what he Knows that just ain't so."
    -Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread