What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing? - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What is happening with the Fiesta cup thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Finn View Post
    M-Sport's R2 kit for the fiesta, not to mention the development behind it, is a whole lot more than nice struts and a sequential. I'd hope that M-Sport's reputation at making a damn good rally machine isn't in doubt. But like Adam points out, it's not cheap and you don't have to go that route to get a really well prepared 2wd car for North American Rally.

My personal opinion/observation is that the fiesta chassis is well suited to the sport and has lots of good options out there for everything including and beyond motor, gearbox, and suspension... it doesn't have to be all or even partially from M-Sport. Seems pretty easy to get parts these days too. Do get Team O'Neil's latest skid plates and mounts though, better than M-Sport's and anything else I've seen for those cars - great piece of kit.

Not dissing Hondas or double wishbone suspension. Or Toyotas. Or BMWs. Or Volvos. Or VWs (of course). Or any of the other good choices out there for 2wd rally. Just try not to do something that barely anyone else out there has done or is doing... there is almost certainly a good reason for it not being a popular choice.
    I am with you. I think a fiesta with some of the select components could make for a strong G2 car with modern electrics and reliability along with good Team O/ M-Sport bits easy to source. I have a fiesta as my current daily that I am thinking about taking the path down with....thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Finn View Post
    there is almost certainly a good reason for it not being a popular choice.
    So... don't get a Fiesta then? Hardly a "popular" choice, except for those who've decided to spend $80+k on them

Or a Golf... about 5 of those competing in Canada.

If anything, there are more Honda's and Focus competing in Quebec than any other 2wd cars in Canada. So I agree, run what is commonly run. Which isn't golfs, fiestas, bmws, merkurs, or anything else. Civics and focuses are super common, but focuses are like golfs... not really any redeeming qualities that lend them to rally besides support from 30 years ago in Europe.
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

Sorry if I've triggered you Adam, I'm not here to argue.

PlasmaPlayer - Honda Civics can be awesome, super fast, and affordable rally cars, and while I'm not sure Adam is in the business of building rally cars, he can surely build you a great one for a great price.

+ Reply to Thread