More Mazda contengency money going out. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Mazda contengency money going out.

Eric,
    Sorry yours took so long. I always have to spend lots of time sorting through 2WD results since RA doesn't report results the same way we score them (all 2WD cars together, combined national and regional, scored per day). It wasn't until finally dug yours our from under an avalanche on my desk and got around to doing the 2WD math that I remembered you were 4WD and really easy to score.

Nice job, by the way. Way to fly the Mazda flag high!

-Dave

Oh yea, you guys are both Eric...

Well, you know who's 4WD...

Erik= Last of the 4WD for sure. S*D was perfect for my GTX- wheelspin in 5th says it all! Ha

Now worries on the time, same as last year. So I knew it was coming. And the rally car spends it pretty quickly...Thanks for the help!

PS Saw you in the ZoomZoom mag w the Miata too. Nice article.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Hmmm. And here I was thinking of building some weird morphodite AWD Honduh thing but... who am I kidding, I know how Mazda feels about racers from doing roadracing stuff (not very successfully but whatever) for years.

Another "thank you" to Mazda and Mazdaspeed, this time for their SCCA RallyCross contingency program. $500 for second place in class at the national championship.
    There's no good reason in my mind not to bring your stage rally cars out and cash in at the national challenges ($200 for first in any class) and the national championship event ($750 for first).

Just processed a few more rally contingency forms Barrett Dash in my old Mazda3. He's getting $200 from day2 at Oregon Trail (day 1 was under the 30-mile minimum to count as a real rally in our eyes, and day 3 was a DNF, so it's a good thing we're paying per day!), $200 from Idaho Rally day 1, $200 from day 2, and another $200 from day 1 at Olympia.

Looking through the results, I also saw there was a Jarred Swalwell running an FC RX-7 at OTR who hadn't bothered to sign up (and properly sticker his car) for the Mazdaspeed contengency program. We would have sent him $100 for OTR day 2 and $200 from day 2 if he was signed up. There are probably other rallies out there he could be getting paid for too. If anyone knows him, smack him up side the head and give him a Mazda sticker!

-Dave Coleman

Hi Dave,

It would be great if you guys would offer monetary support for CARS events north of the border. It would make my decision on what car to rally that much easier since there's a Mazda for sale that needs a bit of work not to far from me :-)

Thanks,

Jeff

Though we work closely with them, Mazda Canada is actually a different company, so CARS support would be their deal. They're in Toronto, so maybe you need to go pound on some doors and show them how great we do things down here!

-Dave

Card got recharged!

Woohoo- Thanks Mazdaspeed and especially Dave Coleman for his help again.

Just lost out by 15 sec. to 1st place Evan Cline in Sno Regional. Got ~2min back on The Ranch to make it close. Oh well still 1st Open for both Regionals. 4th o/a on that stage, the GTX is unreal on the tight rough stuff!

EZ

Thanks Mazdaspeed!

Received S*D 2014 money for first Mazda last week!

Shiny brand new card too.

Pretty cool for Mazdaspeed to recognize a 26 year old car and for it to place 7th O/A if I entered the national. Oh well regional wins are even better!

+ Reply to Thread