New in SoCal
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New in SoCal

Default New in SoCal

Hi, name is Kris. Been a lurker for a while and finally got motivated to register. I come from jeeps, rockcrawling, and desert racing, but rally has been in my sights since the late 80's. The wife and I have an Impreza L wagon bought new in 2000 as well as 2 jeeps. I'm planning to attend the CRS school in Feb and to run a few RallyX's with the Impreza this year, and hoping to learn more about navigating.

k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

welcome to the madness Kris
    Jack S.
    #322 DCH Dodge SRT4
    sort-of sponsored/financed by: me &
    DCHtemecula.com, Rayzer wide beams, Scrubblade

So, is it the wagon or the Jeep

Bill Holmes
    Truck #44

Quote Originally Posted by SRTWRR View Post
    welcome to the madness Kris
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaBill View Post
    So, is it the wagon or the Jeep

Bill Holmes
    Truck #44

Impreza is a wagon, one of the jeeps is a wagon...

Actually, the Impreza is the wifes driver right now and I was thinking about using a cheap beater xj for RallyX until I was reading that CRS is "frowning" on "trucks" at their events. I can understand why, but since Ive seen pictures of them running they cant be all that bad. I know some of the "Team Petty Cash" NAXJA guys running an xj in the 24hrs of Lemons races. They got first place in class at Buttonwillow last week in a 200k+ mile pos, and they managed to keep it on the track (mostly).

Ill stick with the Subaru for now though.

Hey Bill.
    Since Im thinking that you might know what else I drive, is there a problem here if I mention a forum on another website Im involved in ? I know some sites have a problem with traffic being directed elsewhere. Dont want to rock the boat.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by otr View Post
    Hi, name is Kris. Been a lurker for a while and finally got motivated to register. I come from jeeps, rockcrawling, and desert racing, but rally has been in my sights since the late 80's. The wife and I have an Impreza L wagon bought new in 2000 as well as 2 jeeps. I'm planning to attend the CRS school in Feb and to run a few RallyX's with the Impreza this year, and hoping to learn more about navigating.

k.
    Welcome.. I'll be at the rally school in Feb also with my brother (co driver). Are you going to do the RallyX event after? I'm still looking for a car to do it in.

+ Reply to Thread