CRC 2010... - Page 5

View Poll Results: which rally would you like to see as part of the crc?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prescott

4 21.05%
  • Idaho

14 73.68%
  • Other (please name an event)

1 5.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CRC 2010...

I think I've decided to do the CHCA events this year instead of just doing the Prescott Rally in Oct. I will miss the first event in May though, since I'm not home yet and I'm still fixing up the Rally Car. I will make it to the June 5th/6th event though.

This is my first time doing this so any help would be appreciated. Like the cost of everything needed including event fees, How I would go about getting the car tech'd before the CORE event (since my situation of not being in the States until sometime in May, hopefully), and whatever else I would need to know.

Thanks

I found my answer to the cost of the CHCA. I'm in the process of reading the Rule Book.
    Last edited by Renegade; 03-31-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I think I've decided to do the CHCA events this year instead of just doing the Prescott Rally in Oct. I will miss the first event in May though, since I'm not home yet and I'm still fixing up the Rally Car. I will make it to the June 5th/6th event though.

This is my first time doing this so any help would be appreciated. Like the cost of everything needed including event fees, How I would go about getting the car tech'd before the CORE event (since my situation of not being in the States until sometime in May, hopefully), and whatever else I would need to know.

Thanks

I found my answer to the cost of the CHCA. I'm in the process of reading the Rule Book.
    Cool, sounds like you're on it. I will post an update in the Mountain forum once I have additional details on tech for CHCA events.

If you have an opportunity to, I'd highly recommend trying to get out to CORE for a shakedown day so you can get familiar with your car. Nothing worse than dropping an entry fee only to find that something trivial isn't sorted.

Dave
    "the guy who sat in the pits for all of Buffalo Peaks with an evap wire grounding out the electrical system"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post

Dave
    "the guy who sat in the pits for all of Buffalo Peaks with an evap wire grounding out the electrical system"
    Thats what racing is all about

Quote Originally Posted by A.Searle View Post
    Thats what racing is all about
    I always thought it was about the ladies.
    Grant Hughes - 1985 Merkur XR$TI Group 5
    rally.build
    885 Parfet St Ste C
    Denver, CO 80215

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is going to be a CRC this year.
    I was hoping there would be some more comments about this. I've been out of the loop, but the last I heard (the first post of this thread) was the CRC had a plan of a rallycross, two Tumbleweeds, and a stage rally (Prescott or Idaho). Is that no longer the plan?
    Last edited by kevinT; 04-07-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Kevin Turner
    #513 - '83 Toyota Celica GT-S

Quote Originally Posted by kevinT View Post
    I was hoping there would be some more comments about this. I've been out of the loop, but the last I heard (the first post of this thread) was the CRC had a plan of a rallycross, two Tumbleweeds, and a stage rally (Prescott or Idaho). Is that no longer the plan?
    i'm gonna go with "the crc is dead this year" since the organizers aren't responding and it's been a week since you posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMalsom View Post
    i'm gonna go with "the crc is dead this year" since the organizers aren't responding and it's been a week since you posted this.

Kevin and I communicated privately.

The reality is this.

The interest in the community seems to be there but, with no big sponsor this year, a diminished projected car count, and no marquis event the feasability of putting on events without taking a financial loss is difficult.

Personally, I over committed myself timewise last year. I'm trying to get some things in my life sorted out and that's where all of my free time is going. Hope to be in a better place time wise after April but for now, I've got bigger fish to fry with my time.

As for what will happen, I don't know.

I know I would still like the CRC to go forward as planned but I have neither the means to ensure that nor for the moment do I have the time.

There was no point in posting a "I don't know, time will tell" message before this point.
    Kevin Hahn
    ColoradoRallyCup
    KevinHahnPhotography.com
    "altitude just means not lifting..."

Kevin,
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Keep in mind the CHCA isn't as interesting as it use to be (sorry), COG is gone, we're all back in school and Grant now has a girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread