Special Stage Forums banner

Another "Will these Tires Fit" thread...

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  P Remner 
#1 ·
I found some used Michelin's for cheap and am planning on using them just for practice, and the convenience of not having to swap street / dirt wheels for local rally cross events.

The guy i bought them from said they would fit, but i am just looking for some more confirmation...

Will 17/65-15 fit on a 15x6 Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheel? I know they are wide and i wouldn't want to compete on them in a stage event... but they should fit right?

Thanks for anyone who chimes in. ;)

#2 · (Edited)
Not really a helpful reply, but I'm in the same situation and certainly hope they fit! I just picked up a pair of 17-65-15 Michelins for the rear of my RX-7, and I plan on mounting them on 6" rims.

They look much, much wider than the 16-65-15s that I used to run. Those had the same tread width as the 185/60-15 Hankooks that I am running currently. (WAY not enough tire for my car)

Worst case scenario, I can borrow two of my 15x7 street wheels for them, but I'd really rather not do that.

PS - Yes this is for rallycross, not stage rally.

#3 ·
Thats interesting that you mention the 185/60-15 hankooks, as im actually unmounting 195 hankooks to save them for a stage event early next year. You're right the michelins look way winder, but i'm hoping its just an illusion because of how they mate to the wheel surface differently (it looks more recessed than the hankooks)

#7 ·
17 = TREAD width in cm
65 = tire height in cm
15 = rim diameter in inches

Normal tires are section width in mm, section height in %, and rim diameter.

Important to make the tread/section distinction because tires are normally sized by the width of the entire tire (section width), so rim width plays a factor. IIRC rim width is assumed be be a certain percentage of tread width, and tire design plays a factor too, a 195/50 tire will have much more tread than a 195/75 tire because the casing is shaped differently.

I have seen 17cm Michelins compared to 205 or 215 tires, and the biggest BF Goodrich tires are a 215/65-15 which is probably just a relabeled 17-65-15.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.