Special Stage Forums banner

Mud flap material?

22K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  UP2MTNS 
#1 ·
I'm sure there is a tread somehwhere? what is the mud flap material and where can I get it from in the Boston area? I'm using the Sparco flaps at present but they fall off easy and at $20 a pair not cheap!

#16 ·
Not that many truckstops in New England but if you happen to be in the area of Flynn's truckstop in Shrewsbury or the TA in Greenfield, NH or some industrial area with a large trailer drop yard you can find mudflaps lying on the ground that are perfectly usable for free. Walk around where the trucks back up to a parking block or a deep pothole and all the doofuses that are not paying attention will rip the flaps out of their mounts while backing and they will be sitting there waiting to be harvested.

Whenever I pick up a trailer missing a mudflap I do this and can almost always find one to slap on or at least carry with me to talk my way out of a ticket.

#7 ·
+1 for Susquehanna's urethane flaps, very strong, and easy to work with but a tad expensive, +/- 80 for four(I made 'em big!), I too am going to look a some truck flaps for my daily driver.

#9 ·
Got a linkus to any place that sells online? I've had trouble finding online retailers. Thanks

#18 ·
I'm just laughing now about the thought of the the local news reporting an strange increase of truck mud flap thefts in MA.........wasn't me! hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.