Mud flap material?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mud flap material?

Default Mud flap material?

I'm sure there is a tread somehwhere? what is the mud flap material and where can I get it from in the Boston area? I'm using the Sparco flaps at present but they fall off easy and at $20 a pair not cheap!
    Cheers,

Chris

Rally Mini Cooper JCW #37: Sponsors EBC brakes,Muflas Sicar, Mo Joe's, Treintay Cinco brewery, G oil, Minigearboxes UK

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

rallylights sells mudflap material in bulk quantities - cut to order

They can be expensive. Go to your local 18 wheeler repair shop and get some of their old mud flaps and cut them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
    They can be expensive. Go to your local 18 wheeler repair shop and get some of their old mud flaps and cut them up.
    ^^

I buy brand new white NAPA truck flaps for just under $20 each. Cut into 4 pieces and you have 4 mud flaps!
    Billy Elliot Mann
    Car #37
    1988 VW GTI - Sold!
    1996 Civic - Build thread!
    Yes, I was on Octane Academy Season 1. They found the best driver by having us snowboard and ride ski bikes!

Hey guys good idea. I'm going to check out some truck places here in MA
    Cheers,

Chris

Rally Mini Cooper JCW #37: Sponsors EBC brakes,Muflas Sicar, Mo Joe's, Treintay Cinco brewery, G oil, Minigearboxes UK

My production sport Mazda has used the same set of Rallylights.com flaps for 8 years now.

I just made fresh ones to match the new paint, super easy material to work with, and I made two flaps from each piece that they call a mudflap.

+1 for Susquehanna's urethane flaps, very strong, and easy to work with but a tad expensive, +/- 80 for four(I made 'em big!), I too am going to look a some truck flaps for my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgardhouse View Post
    My production sport Mazda has used the same set of Rallylights.com flaps for 8 years now.

I just made fresh ones to match the new paint, super easy material to work with, and I made two flaps from each piece that they call a mudflap.
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson

uhmw-pe....1/8 or 3/16" last forever.

I use 1/4" for underbody protection too.
    (the other) Jon Burke
    I drive a Sub-a-rat
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-B...13428728700857
    Team Blog: Up Two Mountains Rally Team

"...when it comes to racing and sushi, I never look at the bill." - Foust

Quote Originally Posted by UP2MTNS View Post
    uhmw-pe....1/8 or 3/16" last forever.

I use 1/4" for underbody protection too.
    Got a linkus to any place that sells online? I've had trouble finding online retailers. Thanks
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson

5X10 of LDPE in Denver is about $68 a sheet. You'll get about 10 flaps out of it and can use it for other stuff. I've seen it as low as $25 a sheet. Only comes in white.

+ Reply to Thread