Special Stage Forums banner

Temple Canyon Video

Tags
incar video
13K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  ziggy682 
#1 ·
Maybe we could all post video links in this thread as they become available to keep them in one spot and easy to find?

I'll start...
Kevin (my co-driver) just posted our race day run 2 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5PbAVOKSWc if you guys want to see what a 3:59 looks like (just good enough to beat the likes of Melissa Keeney). Should offer up a good view of the road to you fast guys who probably never get to check out the scenery.

Tommy

#10 ·
never saw that. not busting your balls... just an observation.

If I knew how to post my video, I've got a run from saturday where Nathan Conley ran before me so you can see his tracks the whole way - even wider...
we basically straddle his tracks the whole run.

the rear view is a good tool to see where you really are on the road.

nice trap speeds in the roller coaster Grant - you're gonna own Monarch.

later
Scott

#9 ·
So, here's a little compilation I made that shows some pretty bad driving. After the roller coaster, I got on the brakes waaaay too late and then locked them up over the last crest, and had to turn out of the turn because I wasn't going to make it. The second little bit after the first straight was the snap oversteer resulting from 1/2 an inch of toe out in the rear. The last part, is simply an entire run from Sunday. It's my most chicken foot run, but my only clean one. Never mind the talk between me, and my co-driver. We were trying to develop some sort of system, because he couldn't read the road and give me my calls, so I had to tell him when I wanted the next call, and I kept forgetting to tell him. So, the in-car communication wasn't great.

Enjoy the boredom.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Temple-Canyon-Chicken_161862.htm

#12 ·
The road was graded and was glass smooth during recce...but it went downhill from there quickly. By the 3rd run saturday I was surfing on my skid plate with the front wheels in the troughs 50yds after the long left 4 with the huge late ditch hook up near the top.

Dave

#15 ·
#23 ·
The turbo project is definitely getting accelerated, but it won't be done in the next couple of weeks (by Monarch). Right now, I'm trying to put together all the parts for a nicely built bottom end that will handle a bit of pressure.

The current plan is to build a fresh engine with forged internals and stock compression (9:1ish), drop it in and run it until after Victor (should be a good break-in before boosting it anyway) and then install the turbo stuff and have it tuned. I've been figuring out parts and how everything is going to fit for a while now. Still doing calculations on which turbo to use, but everything else is pretty much figured out.

Tommy

#24 ·
Use a .48 AR turbine housing equipped Garrett T3. Lots of them available, inexpensive, okay efficiency, and with 9:1 compression and a 1.8 or 1.6 you won't end up too laggy like you would with a .63 AR or a T3/T4.
Or go really cool and get a stock T3 and buy a Cossie turbine housing from JVAB and have a sweet, super fast spooling turbo.

#25 ·
From what I've been hearing lately, the Mitsu turbos take better to aggressive anti-lag than the BB garretts. Evo VIII turbos can be had used in good condition for $250-300....or if you want to break the bank you can get the titanium/alu. TME turbo for $1100. Flows enough for 370whp (on an awd car), and has super quick spool.

Dave

#26 ·
Who says I want agressive anti-lag? I certainly want quick spool and a thick torque curve, not so worried about max horsepower (remember, front wheel drive) or amazing flames from the tailpipe. Also, I'm looking for as much reliability as is reasonable to expect.

I haven't dropped the block and head off yet, but they're going to the machine shop this week to get a bath, machining, some sort of block guard/posting (open deck hondas - go figure), forged rods & pistons, balanced rotating assembly, head rebuilt again, and new bearings. When I get it back it will get new pumps, seals and gaskets. Hopefully after breaking the engine in without boost and proper tuning we should be good for a while.

I am still obsessing over turbo size. I'm really looking hard at a gt28rs, .63 A/R T3 External Wastegate. Seems like guys running LS engines with these turbos are routinely getting nice thick low rpm torque curves and easily 225-275 hp.

Any other suggestions?

Tommy

#35 ·
yes the car was always quick to get loose, a combination of the boost kicking in, and the fact that we did not have rally tires, but in fact , light-duty truck tires! definetly not ideal, but the mistake was mine in the end, minding about the slipping clutch and missing my braking point....
Marco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.