Hendrik Blok and Dan Goodwin Mazda GLC
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hendrik Blok and Dan Goodwin Mazda GLC

Default Hendrik Blok and Dan Goodwin Mazda GLC

I have been researching a Mazda GLC that I found in Washington. It is a rotary powered GLC rally car formerly owned by Dan Goodwin and built by Rod Sorenson (and others) out of the remains of Hendrik Blok's Mazda Rotary GLC. It raced at Pikes Peak and various other stage events. Does anyone have Dan Goodwin's or Hendrik's contact information or pictures of the car back in the day?

Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

That car was was most recently run here in the NW at the ORV park rallysprint by Joel Wright. I forget what year. Prior to that both John Christensen and Lauchlin O'Sullivan had rented it for different rallies back around 1992. As I remember that thing had an Alfa Romeo rear end in it and it was a real handful to drive. Real vile handling, the back end always wanted to pass the front. Somewhere I have an old Road & Track magazine with a picture of it in an article about the 1980 Golden West 2000 Rally. Hendrik Blok finished 3rd in the car at that rally behind Jon Woolf and Rod Millen and ahead of John Buffum.

Default rotary glc

I just went and drove it. What a blast. I see you are in seattle, can you pm me at psteilberg at mhlseattle.com and give me your phone number? Pete

Is this the car?

Yes, that's the article I was referring to.

Default In the hot seat

Clark Bond got one of the first rides with Hendrik. The rotary's exhaust was so close to the floor that it set the right seat on fire.

Bruce Beauvais
    de KA8VTK

Default glc

yep that's her. Not in any kind of livery right now. They actually put a fan on the exhaust where it runs through the car and not it is a heater! I'll post some pictures of it soon. P

+ Reply to Thread