How are Jemba Notes Made?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are Jemba Notes Made?

Default How are Jemba Notes Made?

So how exactly are Jemba notes made? I am told it is some sort of computer program.....but is it just a platform that reads mileage in and records input from someone like they are making pacenotes? Or is it some sort of system that reads vehicle input and speed etc? Enquiring minds want to know.....er at least mine does.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Do a search, first off, but basically - it's a 3D accelerometer, attached to a laptop computer. Off-cambers, small crests, and some other features are added manually, but all the corners are created via the accelerometer input to the computer.
    Christian Edstrom
    K1BCE
    www.christianedstrom.com

Default There is a Daddy Jemba and Mommy Jemba

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn240
    Do a search, first off, but basically - it's a 3D accelerometer, attached to a laptop computer. Off-cambers, small crests, and some other features are added manually, but all the corners are created via the accelerometer input to the computer.
    Yep, add to the list of componets a Coralba odo to measure the distances (straight away distances, cumulative milages and distances of curves (short, long, very long, ....) and vehicle speed to calculate the accellerometer data accordingly, a keypad to enter instructions that the accellerometer cannot determine (cautions, junctions, waterbars, bridges,...) and a printer to print notes to edit while re-checking subsquent passes of stage. The laptop is just to record the info. Also, the odo is wired into a reverse light on the car's taillights to know if the car is in reverse.

Its neat stuff. Sounds easy but there is a lot of work that goes into creating, editing, the printed final copy (done in different programs; Windows and DOS)and introduction (a page of text details that describe overall road conditions and the weather conditions and date the notes were made so that teams know how the roads may have changed since that time).
    Last edited by Lancia037Rally; 10-28-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    Dave Shindle/Navitron 2000
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803556

you guys are both wrong.

you put broken bodywork under your pillow at night and the jemba fairy leaves you notes.

No.

When a man and a woman love each other, the Jemba stork comes.
    Officially Awesome,

Benjamin K. Slocum Esq.

And a lot of human input on things that the computer can't know like 'road narrows', 'over bridge', etc., and lots of time spent looking at road and curve combinations to say 'hmmmm, that's a tricky combination or situation; that deserves a caution (or 2 or 3...)'.

Regards,
    Mark B.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSlocum
    No.
    When a man and a woman love each other, the Jemba stork comes.
    Lol. You guys are dorks. :-) I'm curious, how much does it cost a typical event to have Jemba notes produced?

Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptie186
    I'm curious, how much does it cost a typical event to have Jemba notes produced?
    How long is a piece of string?
    Too many factors to have a 'typical' event.
    I'd suggest that at $165/car and 30 cars buying them, that RA is loosing money on the jemba notes as a rule.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

If any want's to see the type of note's we use this side of the The Pond, i'll be bringing a copy of the note's we use on Epynt over for the Laughlin Rally, for my driver Lisa Klassen to see other type's of note's used,
    if you are interested, look me up. Mike Jones

Hey Mikey, make sure you get your import licence first so you can bring it into the country!

+ Reply to Thread