Special Stage Forums banner

Saturn SL1 automagic for rallycross?!

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  charles lankford 
#1 ·
My buddy has a 94 saturn sl1 auto that we are thinking about rallycrossing. How do you think this car will fare? would you guys recommend a trans cooler for an auto car? Any other tips are greatly appreciated. The car is for sure doing some ice rallies this winter, but once summer rolls around we are wondering what modifications if any need to be made for rallycross. Thanks everyone!

#4 ·
Back in 2002 I won the CA 2wd street championship in a rental Chevy Malibu auto. I duct taped a screw driver in the foot parking brake ratchet, stuck the auto in 1st and steered with the parking brake! I used to come off the course with the rear brakes smoking! LOL The trick is to find and auto that does at least 50mph in 1st.....I used to test the rental cars to see which one did the fastest in 1st. I did do some rally crossing in a Saturn S 5 speed but it was slower than the Malibu!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.