Special Stage Forums banner

NE Div Awards

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bruce 
#1 ·
So who won Rookie of the Year?

Jon

#3 ·
In case nobody noticed, New England Region won SCCA's Regional ClubRally Program of the Year for 2002. To quote the outgoing ClubRally Manager, "When the Northeast lost the STPR and Maine ClubRallies, there was a lot of complaining. I told them to put up or shut up, and NER did, adding several new rallies to the program."

BW

Sorry...I originally posted that NEDiv won the award...it was actually NER. MiDiv won the Division award.

#4 ·
>In case nobody noticed, NEDiv won SCCA's ClubRally
>Divisional Program of the Year for 2002. To quote the
>outgoing ClubRally Manager, "When they lost the STPR and
>Maine ClubRallies, there was a lot of complaining. I told
>them to put up or shut up, and they did, adding several new
>rallies to the program."

Sounds more like trying to buy us off with glittering prizes and meaningless awards.

Don't think because a couple new inferior rallies have been organized that people are happy now. No exposure. No stagenotes. Who says we are happy now?

#6 ·
>The awards were for the people who organized rallies to TRY
>to make you happier. Others recognize their efforts, even
>if you don't.

I was chair of one of those rallies and 2 rallysprints. SCCA didn't pat me on the back although they gladly criticized my press release and took my sanction fees. So who got an award?

>Sorry...I originally posted that NEDiv won the award...it was actually NER. MiDiv won the Division award.

Edit:
Oh, that's better. Because other than there is no lack of competitors it sucks here and if we'd have won the award then the whole ClubRally series is pretty sorry unless they gave it to NEDiv for pity's sake.

#7 ·
SCCA didn't decide on this award. It was recommended by a group of volunteers, the ClubRally Stewards and approved by another group of volunteers, the PRB. None of them got any of your money. The award tried to recognize a lot of effort in the Region to give ClubRallyists a place to race. When you already have 20 events in your Division, it's easy to put on a good program...when you're trying to come up from almost nothing, it's a real job. I'm sorry you don't think your Region deserved it - we did.

Bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.